She's Alright, And Kind Of Cute

Sienna's P.O.V.

My first impression of Ari- she was alright. I could've been given worse, and I definitely had to cut her some slack, since she was brought up in a small conservative town. The idea of being raised in such a way was repulsive to me.

As we made our way out of the dorm, I got my first real look at her, since I hadn't been paying much attention to her while we unpacked. I had to admit, she was pretty cute, and I never just threw compliments around. She wore a dark blue tank top, and white shorts, which showed off her slim yet athletic figure. She had really nice legs, so I assumed she was a runner, or soccer player.  Her wavy black hair was down, and I couldn't help but look directly into those light brown eyes every time I answered one of her questions. Her lips looked smooth, and her skin was a light mocha color.

Yeah, she was cute, but it's not like I would ever let on that I thought so. One of the rules I lived by was never putting anyone up on a pedestal or giving them a reason to think too highly of themselves.

"So where are you from?" she asked as we made our way outside of the dorm building.

"Beverly Hills," I responded.

Her mouth fell open to my response, and she stopped walking.

"Are you serious?" she asked in disbelief.

"Yes, why would I lie?" I said.

"True. So you live in one of those big mansions then?" she asked.

"Yes, but it's not THAT big," I said.

She smiled and gave me a "I'm sure it isn't," look. 

"So how come you're dorming, Beverly Hills is pretty close by isn't it?" she asked.

Looks like I had a little geographer on my hands.

"Obviously because I didn't want to live with my parents," I said.

"Oh, right," she said, feeling a bit stupid.

I decided to be nice and save her from embarrassment.

"I mean, I guess some people would live at home. But I definitely wouldn't. Anyways, what brings you all the way to this side of the country small town girl?" I asked, a bit curious.

"If I stayed there I would've ended up marrying the football coach, and be a stay at home Mom or something. That's definitely not what I wanted," she replied.

"And what is it that you do want?" I asked.

"I want to become a film director, and where better than California to make that happen" she said with a gleam in her eyes.

I could tell she was really into it, and I respected that.

"By the way, not to like be nosy or anything, but I noticed your parents are white...and you aren't" I said, choosing my words carefully.

She stopped walking again. By this time we were probably in the middle of the campus, surrounded by tons of students. It was decent, I could definitely imagine having good times hear.

"How did you see my parents?" she asked confused.

"I saw them walking into our room, so I went out to my car to grab my suitcase, rather than having to face awkward introductions and all," I said.

"Oh right. Well, I was adopted when I was a couple of months old. My parents told me that I'm like half native american and half spanish," she said.

"Oh wow, that's a cool mix. I'm like a ton of things, but I just tell people that I'm Italian since my Dad's side of the family is. And, does this mean you were like the one colored person amongst a town full of white people?" I asked.

She laughed, and we continued to walk. 

"Yeah, you got it. But they didn't treat me like an outsider or anything, I got along well with everyone," she said.

"Oh, I didn't assume they did. Actually, I thought it might've given you an advantage, especially with the guys, since you have that exotic beauty thing going for you," I replied.

She blushed, and I felt a sense of satisfaction for making her do so. 

"Yeah, I guess so. But I only had one boyfriend, and I broke it off before I came here," she said, sounding a bit sad.

"Heartbreaker huh? Yeah, we will definitely get a long" I said.

"No, I would never break anyone's heart on purpose!" she exclaimed.

"Ok ok, chill out" I said.

She got that embarrassed look on her face again, and it made me laugh. This girl was something.

"So, when did you realize you were a lesbian?" she asked cautiously.

"My junior year of high school. I was sick of guys, so I decided to try girls, and I ended up liking them a whole lot better," I said.

"Oh I see. Well that's good," she said, not sure of what else to say.

"Definitely. Hold on a sec," I said, reaching into my pocket to grab my phone.

I flipped my phone open to find that I had received a text from Clayton, my best friend. Clayton was my neighbor back home, and we had both attended the same prep school. He was a year older then me, but I was in most of his classes since I was a smarty pants. We were always friends, but became best friends my junior year when I came out of the closet. Why? Because he was gay. Since I sucked at having friends that were girls, most of my friends were guys, and most of Clayton's friends were girls. We helped each other out by hooking each other up with our gay/lesbian/bisexual friends. My skill combined with his help allowed me to obtain any girl I wanted, even if she was straight. Yes, I was that good. I never had a relationship though, because I wasn't into the whole commitment thing, and I planned to fly solo during college. 

"Where are you byotchh?" he wrote.

"Walking around with the new roomie," I responded.

"Oooo is she cute?" he asked.

"Yeah, not my type though," I replied.

"Haha of course not. Anyways, come to my room, and I'll introduce you to some people, some of which I'm sure will be your type ;)" he wrote back.

"Okay, I'll be there in a few," I responded, and then shut my phone.

"Is everything ok?" asked Ari.

"Oh yeah, everything is fine," I said, forgetting that she was standing right next to me.

I felt kind of bad about leaving her, she didn't know anyone. But I really wasn't in the mood to bring her along with me, and if we hung out to much I'd probably get sick of her.

"Look, I have to go. A friend of mine goes here, and he wants to meet up. Are you going to be ok?" I asked.

"Oh yeah that's fine! I'm going to head to the bookstore and buy my books for the semester. I'll see you later," she said.

What a dork. Lucky for her, she was cute.

"Haha ok. See ya," I said, and then walked off toward Clay's room.