Chapter 13- Know My Heart By Heart

I nearly, almost, close to tears while writing this chapter! Plus, I want to thank you guys for voting and commenting so much on the last chapter! Sorry for the cliffhanger, it's a bad habit of mine :P 

Hope that you guys will enjoy this chapter! 

P.S: Put #survivorJoel if you want Joel to survive like I do! 

VOTE! 

COMMENT! 

FOLLOW? 

___________________________________ 

Chapter 13- Know My Heart By Heart

Joel..,he's umm,..” When the doctor mentioned Joel's name, Niall's eyes immediately widened “He's diagnosed with a stage two gastric cancer,”

Stage two gastric cancer.

Niall covered his mouth when a huge gasp escape from it; he didn't want Liam to see him here yet. As for Liam, his body went rigid, like a statue. His body seemed to have shut down, but his brain didn't. He wanted to move, to scream, to yell, to cry, to punch someone, but his body wouldn't move. Hot fat tears were cascading down his face, but he couldn't be bothered to wipe it. Why? Why did it have to be Joel? What did he do to deserve such cruel fate? It's bad enough that something so beautiful and innocent as Joel ended up with an asshole of a father, and a freak of a brother. He doesn't need this, he doesn't deserve this. By now, Liam's muscular body was trembling with anger, sadness and fear. Fear that he will lose his little brother, his sanity.

“Liam?” The doctor spoke, causing Liam to snap. He let out a loud scream and punched the first thing on his right which was a picture frame of a bouquet of flower hung on the wall. The impact creates a loud thump and the glass of the frame cracked around Liam's huge fist with blood running through the cracks and Liam's knuckles. Liam didn't bother acknowledging the searing pain running through his arms right now, but instead, he choked out a sob, fell down onto his knees, and cried.

Cried like a little boy lost in the mall.

The sight in front of Niall broke his heart, shattering it to pieces. He himself was crying because to see his strong, though Tattooed Angel broke down crying like that was much more devastating than watching the lion catches its prey on the neck. Not able to control himself anymore, he ran towards Liam, crouching down and engulfing him in a hug. Niall placed Liam's head into the crook of his neck, letting him cry there, wetting it with his tears. Liam was sobbing and choking uncontrollably, as Niall rubs soothing circles on his back. Liam didn't knew who was the person hugging him, but the warmth, scent and the constant “Shh, it's alright,” and “Please, please stop crying,”, Liam knew all too well who it was. He didn't bother pushing him away because, even though he won't admit it, he needed some human contact. And Niall seemed to be the perfect person for it at the moment.

Liam's body seemed to be moving on auto-pilot; Niall had to pull him up and helped him sat on one of the plastic chairs attached to the wall at the waiting area as Dr. Lawson personally cleaned the wound on his knuckle. Luckily, his knuckles weren't broken, just a few deep cuts and bruises. Niall was by his side all the time, with his arms wrapped around Liam's shoulder.