Prologue

Prologue...

Two brothers were playing in the small woods behind their house; the six year-old, Zayn, was dragging his younger brother, Niall, five, by the hand to a small meadow he found. Niall was extremely excited because he rarely got out of the house, and he just love spending time with his elder brother, who seemed to know everything. With one hand holding a Rocky Road ice-cream, and the other was intertwined with his brother's hand, Niall big baby blue eyes scanned around the woods, taking in the beauty of the outside world. Occasionally, Zayn would turn around and smile at his younger brother, loving the cute smile on Niall's face. It made him proud knowing that he is the cause of that smile on his brother's face.

“Where we going Zaynie?” Niall asked as he lick his Rocky Road.

“Someplace special Ni. You'll love it!” Zayn proudly replied. The first time he found that place with his friend Harry, the first person that pops out of his mind was Niall. Niall would love this place, he thought and to prove it, Niall's favorite channel is the Animal Planet instead of Nickelodeon or Cartoon Network like most kids. So, on a bright sunny warm summer afternoon, Zayn sneak Niall out of the house because his parents would never let Niall out of the house.

“I'm hungry, Zaynie,” Niall stated happily “Are we gonna eat?”

“I brought turkey sandwich, your favorite, and we can eat when we're there,” Zayn replied softly.

“Otay,” Niall replied as his eyes wondered around. They pushed through a small bush and arrived at the secret sanctuary.

“We're here!” Zayn announced and Niall gasp. The meadow wasn't big, but it was extraordinarily beautiful; the place lit to a perfect extent due to the large trees, a small pond with crystal clear water and on the biggest yet rather short tree, there was an unfinished tree house, built by Zayn and Harry, with the help of Harry's father of course.

“Ohhhh pretty!” Niall cheered, running towards the pond with Zayn following suit. There were small fishes and a few frogs much to Niall's delight.

“Froggy,...fishy,...butter-butterfly!” Niall pointed around “And small mon-keys,”

“Squirrels Niall, squirrels,” Zayn chuckled at Niall. He always get things confused whenever he got too excited. “Let's go to the tree house!”

The two bothers ate happily in the tree house and Niall just thought it was the coolest thing ever despite Zayn telling him it is not done yet. Niall had a lot of curious questions and Zayn would patiently and happily answer each and every one of them, being a good brother that he is. Niall even asked why didn't Harry joined them but Zayn just shrugged, telling Niall that Harry was just busy. It's a good thing that Niall believes every single thing that Zayn told him. There are many things that Zayn likes about Niall; his loyalty, his cute smile, his bubbly and happy go lucky personality, his curiosity, his intelligence, and he always do things just to make Zayn smile.

“Come Nialler, we gotta get home, it's getting dark,” Zayn started packing all their board games and cards into his backpack but Niall groaned.

“But I don't wanna go home. Play some more than home?” Niall begged, using his puppy dog face whenever he wanted something.

“Sorry Nialler, but I promise you that I will always take you here and we can play!” Zayn promised , but Niall still pouted “And we can ask Harry to join us? Come on Nialler,.....please?”

When Zayn mentioned Harry's name, he perked up and nodded. Niall, is a shy boy but with huge curiosity; he loves to meet new people, and get to know them, but not being able to go out side and go to kindergarten like normal kids, he was stuck with only two friends, Zayn and Harry. But he didn't care, he was happy, and his Zaynie was happy too.