Chapter 8- Pretty Little Mind

I have a new coming soon project (Yes another story, I'm really really sorry) called Absolute Perfect Boyfriend that I will post tomorrow. Make sure you check them out yeah? Love yah Fairies! :P 

________________________________________________ 

Chapter 8- Pretty Little Mind

Do you like kids Niall?”

To say that that question caught Niall off-guard, is an understatement. He really didn't see it coming or maybe he had his hope up way too high. He was really expecting Mrs. Rowling to ask him to tutor Liam.

“Come again?” Niall asks as he blinks his eyes rapidly, hoping that he heard wrong.

“Do you like kids Niall?” Mrs Rowling repeated her question, chuckling lightly at Niall's astonishment.

“Uh,...yeah,..ye,..yes?” Niall muttered out an answer, his eye-lid fluttered in confusion. As smart as he is, Niall is a tad bit socially dysfunction due to the fact he was home-schooled. So, no, he doesn't not know how to react when someone asks him if he likes kids. You can asks him about every single element in the Periodic table and their proton numbers and he can recite it like it is his favorite song, but, if you ask him “Do you like kids Niall?”, the only answer you're getting is a stuttered out 'yes' and innocent blinks.

“Well that is good to hear,” Mrs Rowling smiled widely “Because, I need to ask you a favor that involve a very special kid,”

“Huh?”

***

Thirty minutes later, Niall Malik was standing in front of a small cute house.

“Are you sure you don't want me picking you up later?” Mr's Rowling kindly asks from inside her car.

“It's okay Mrs. Rowling, I can just call my brother to pick me up,” Niall replied with a smile.

“Well, if you insists. Good luck Niall,” Mrs. Rowling gave him one final smile before driving away. Niall let out a shaky breath and began walking up the short drive way, towards the house. He couldn't believe that he was at his Tattooed Angel’s house. Niall wasn't judging, but compared to his house, this house is only the size of the master bedroom if his parents on the third floor. Some of the window panes were broken, the old pale yellow paint was peeling of the wall and the front door that look extremely worn out. Despite all the old and broken parts, the small garden that surrounds it was well taken care of; the flower bed was blossoming proudly, and the grass was precisely trimmed. Niall even saw a small bike that probably belong to the little kid he is babysitting.

He was clueless when Mrs. Rowling asked him does he like kids or not but he was damn happy he said yes. The moment the name Liam Payne left Mrs. Rowling mouth, Niall was on the edge of his seat. He wasn't expecting Mrs. Rowling to ask him to babysit his Tattooed Angel little brother; Joel. Mrs. Rowling explained that the little boy is special and no-one wanted to babysit him, and to hire a trained babysitter is much too expensive. Joel is a 6-year old boy diagnosed with autism, which makes him easily misunderstood. Mrs. Rowling informed that Mrs. Payne has to work extra shift and Liam has to work too to support the family. Niall immediately agreed to idea, eagerly too, ignoring he fact that he knew Liam wasn't really fond of him. But in his head, as long as he is near to his Tattooed Angel, he'll do it. He was excited too; Niall had read about autism, and watched a documentary show on it on Discovery, and now, he's going to meet his first autism friend. Yes, he already considered Joel to be his friend even though he haven't met the boy yet.