Left Standing

au; in love teenage!phan plan to run away together

tw; swearing 

song!fic - left standing by shane harte

--

is this a prison or paradise? playing cards and rolling dice. one day we'll have it all, feign our own falls

"i'm getting real sick of this, dan." muttered phil, sticking his arms behind his head and gazing up at the clear night sky.
"i know, me too. but we're both gonna have to wait until we have enough money to get out of here," replied dan, turning back to the sky.

the pair were spending some time together by themselves. it was rare that happened anymore. ever since dan's parents found out he was in a relationship with a boy, he wanted dan away from phil...it was like his parents wanted him anti-gay. dan wasn't even gay, but pan. phil's parents were perfectly fine with phil and dans relationship and were more than happy with them together. maybe that was why phil could be so kind-hearted. his parents?

the couple had plans to run off. it may seem like a ridiculous idea, but if it was strategically planned it could turn out okay.

"who would miss me?" asked phil, biting down on his lip.
dan turned his head to face his raven haired friend and stared at him in awe.
"if for some reason you magically disappeared one day i'd be pretty bummed out. it's not like we've been dating for 5 months, or anything!"
"besides you, you arse," mocked phil with a smirk.
poking his tongue out at phil, dan tried to think of who would truly miss phil.
"well your parents are kind people..without a doubt," dan pointed out.
"and i'm sure pj and chris are gonna be upset once they find out we're missing, right?" dan shook the brown locks of hair from his eyes.
"they're just school friends. they may worry yes, but i don't care..i just want out of here. imagine the good life we could have away from brighton. away from all the conflict, the drama, and the heartache! i'm sure you feel the same way..or else you wouldn't agree to the plan."
dan just nodded at phil with a glum look in his expression.
he did want to get away. and quick.
"i promise you, phil..i'il get us out of here soon. we'll work together to try and find a way out. we'll stay together."
the tall brunette pulled phil into his arms as they cuddled on the roof of phil's home.

they'll never catch us when we're on the run, dangerous as a loaded gun. you'll be my baby doll, i'il be the man you call

*~*
2 months later

phils pov:

i woke to someone knocking at my window. all i knew was that it had to be the middle of the night and it was dan. i sprang out of bed and walked to the window to see dan stood outside in the poaring rain.
i swiftly unlocked and pulled open the window so that dan could climb in. when he was in he slapped after two full napsacks on the floor. i decided not to wonder.
"jesus, you're soaking," i said quietly, in order to not wake the house. "would you like some more clo-"
"phil, tonight's the night!" exclaimed my soaking wet boyfriend.
"w-what? the night for what?"
he grabbed onto my shoulders and looked at me seriously.
"the night. the night where we finally get the fuck out of here!"

the worry in my face changed from worry to amusement to wonder.
"but how? you have everything arranged? what about the-"
"phil, it's all done! i even left my parents a good riddance note," he scoffed and turn toward my wardrobe.
"there's still a few things that need to be done though..pack what you want to take and maybe leave your mum and dad a letter like i did. i'il tell you the rest later. be quick!"
i had no time to think about anything. i just began to stuff my clothes and essentials together.