Illness

Dan catches the plague and Phil takes care of him.
The photo attached is Dan in this story
。・°°(_)°°・。

--

Dan's POV:

I wake up not feeling like myself.
I pull the duvet off my body and check the time on my phone that was sitting on the nightstand.
9:46am.
I stretch and stand to my feet.
As I was finished using the bathroom, I run into Phil in the hall.
"Morning Dan," he said then continued to walk down the hall to get cereal; well I presumed that, at least.
"Would you like some coffee?" Shouted my friend from the kitchen.
"Uh, no. I'm not feeling so well, so I'm going to get back into bed," I shout back and head for my bedroom.
I shut the door behind me and crawl into bed (with my laptop of course).
Tumblr was the same old stuff. Aesthetically pleasing photos such as sunsets, beaches and girls posing in cute jumpers.
It honestly makes me more sad that we live in gloomy England.
We have no beaches or nice sunsets.
As I was favoriting some tweets, I hear two swift knocks at my door and Phil's voice.
He was too polite sometimes.
I grin. "Yea."
He opens the door slowly to find me in my generic browsing position in the covers.
"How're you feeling? You said that you weren't feeling good," Phil said and walked over and sat on the edge of the bed.
I shrug my shoulders.
"I just feel a little stuffed up and have a little headache, that's all." I look up into his blue eyes.
Phil slowly puts the back of his hand on my forehead. I didn't flinch. Maybe because I'm only really sensitive on my neck.
"You have a little fever Bear. I'll go get you something." And with that Phil left the room.
I usually never have the plague, and when I do get it, I get it from Phil. I've learnt over the years that he is way more prone to catching illnesses than I am.
I don't understand that to be honest.

Phil's POV:

I knew something was the matter with Dan. It was some type of illness, but I couldn't quite put my finger on which one at first. The plague. I rush out to the medicine cabinet and grab him some Tylenol for his headache, make him some green tea to warm him up and pick up his Free! tissue box from the lounge for his sniffles.

(If you didn't know, Free! is an anime!)

I manage to make it into Dan's room without dropping anything, which is a huge shock because of how clumsy I am. I see Dan has pulled on his red Manchester University hoodie for some extra warmth.
I lay the mug of tea on his nightstand along with his Tylenol and hand him his tissue box.
"Thank you, Phil," Dan spoke with admiration in his hoarse voice.
"You're too kind to me."
I giggle and shake my head.
"Dan, you deserve to be treated right. Everyone does. But you're especially special," I say and blush.
I look away so I didn't have to make eye contact with the brunette.
"I'm not special Phil. If anyone is special than its you..."
There was a pause.
I have no idea what to say to that. I'm very awkward in all situations.
I take a chance at getting sick and lean down and peck Dans cheek.

Dan's POV:

OKAY.
Phil just kissed my cheek.
I've been feeling differently about Phil lately, but just haven't had the nerve to speak about it. Phil and I's friendship is great at this point. We've written a book, have a gaming channel, have adoring supportive fans and family and just..feel comfortable with our lives. I don't want to change that. The possibility of Phil and I being a couple still lays out in the open, but I won't tell him..yet. I still have some time.
I feel my cheek going red and hot from where his lips has touched it.
I clear my throat and decide to end the pause.
"Well u-uhm, thanks again for the medicine and tissues and stuff."
I took a slow sip of my tea.
"I may try and get some rest. I guess that's the best thing to do, right?"
Phil nods.
"No problem," replies Phil. "Well I'll let you relax than."
As he was about to turn and leave the room, I catch his glance and wink at him, giving him a signal that I was okay with the kiss.
I think he got the message because he blushed even harder and fled the room.
So adorable.

I open up Twitter again and tweet.

@danisnotonfire
'i have the plague 😷😷😷'

i then post a photo of myself holding my Free! tissue box that I had gotten on our trip to Tokyo.
A few minutes later, I get a reply tweet from Phil.

@AmazingPhil
'oh no. time to get out my gas mask and pray i don't get infected 🙏'

I favorite the tweet and type a reply.

@danisnotonfire
'@AmazingPhil wow much rudeness i am offended'

I then log out of Twitter, close my Mac and lay it on the floor next to my bed.
I sneeze three times in a row before blowing my nose.

God, I hope this illness doesn't last long.

I throw the tissues in the bin by my bed and rest my head on my pillow. After moments of thinking about random things such as the book, the tour, memes, YouTube, Phil..
Phil.
And with that, my eyes close and I drift off into a peaceful sleep.

--

Ew, crappy ending.

Anyway, hi everyone. I've written something aren't you all proud? Lmao. I hope this wasn't too short...

I got this prompt from a user in the comments of my last post.

I've seen this idea done before so I tried to change it up a little.
I hope you like it.
Vote and comment if you like.

I love you all!!