Countdown

dan and phil celebrate new years together ^-^

--

Dans POV:

It was a cloudy day. Nothing unusual for England. I spent the majority of the afternoon in the office, replying to emails and mindlessly scrolling.
All of a sudden, there's two brief knocks and in comes Phil. He was wearing a galaxy shirt and black jeans. "What's up?" He asked, casually sitting down on the sofa bed behind the desk.
"Checking my inbox, scrolling, nothing interesting," I mumbled in response.

"You finishing up?" He added, looking over my shoulder to gaze at the desktop.
"Pretty much yeah," I replied getting up from the butt-shaped chair to face my black haired boyfriend.
I smiled and wrapped my arms around his waist, resting my head on his shoulder. He copied the show of affection and wrapped his arms around my neck and pulled me in close.
We just stood there, embracing each other.
I loved moments like these.

*~*

Phil's POV:

Dan and I were out to the shops buying food for later tonight. Our close friends Louise, Zoey and Alfie were planning on coming over.

Typically we'd get our groceries delivered by Tesco, but we decided to go out today. It's good to get out of the apartment. We haven't really left the comfort of our sofa since the book tour, so this is good.
We had to pick up some milk, cereal, laundry detergent, toilet paper, etc. Along with some food. The funny thing is, since me and Dan like almost all of the same foods (not including cheese) we hardly never fight over what to eat for dinner. We usually just order pizza or Chinese takeout. I missed cooking, so we agreed on buying stir fry. Dan is seriously the best boyfriend, in general.
After we finished going to all of the shops and got everything we needed, we called a cab and headed home.

*~*

Authors POV:

The black and brunette haired men were just finishing up decorating their apartment for their guests.

"Phil? What on earth is this?" Chuckled Dan picking up the deflated pink balloon off the lounge floor.
"Oops!" Laughed Phil.
After all the decorations were ready, the two took a minute to appreciate how good they looked.
Phil was wearing a red and black plaid button-up with black jeans and Dan was wearing his black Zeezus tee with black jeans.

There was a knock at the door and Dan leaned in to peck Phil's cheek before walking down the steps and opening the door to see their guests.
"Hi guys, come in!" Greeted Dan with a smile.
"Aw, hey Dan! You look so handsome!" Gushed Louise, pulling Dan in for a hug, in which he returned it.
He gave Zoe a hug as well and fist bumped Alfie.
Dan had very cringe past with awkward handshakes.

*~* 11:45pm

Everyone was surrounding the table in the lounge as a game of Cards vs Humanity was happening.
So far there was dancing, spin the bottle and drinking.
Dan bursted out into laughter at the card that he had picked. The game proceeded for a little while longer.

It was now 11:59 and there was exactly 60 seconds until midnight. Louise, Zoe and Alfie had safely made their way home just in time for the countdown.

"I'll be right back!" Said Phil as he dashed down the hallway and into his room. He came back into the lounge wearing a silly party hat. One to match Dan's. The TV was turned on as tons of people were waiting to countdown ten seconds.
The couple sat next to each other on the couch. That's when the crowd started chanting. Both men joined along.
"10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1!"
They pushed their lips together on one and shared a sweet kiss, welcoming each other into 2016.

Phil's arms went around the younger's neck and played with the hair in the back as Dan's went around the older one's body.
The moment ended when they pulled apart for air.
"Happy new year, Dan," smiled Phil, looking into the brunettes brown eyes.
"Happy new year, Phil. I love you.

*~*

They went to sleep later that night thinking about what's to come for them in this whole new year. What will their New Years resolutions be? What will come for their careers on YouTube and BBC Radio 1? It was all a mystery. But seeing as 2015 was probably the best year of their lives career wise and life wise..everything was going uphill for them.

--

my last oneshot of 2015! i'd like to thank the people who have been reading these all year and leaving votes and commenting. it really makes me feel proud. hope you all have a great new years and i'il see you in 2016!

i love you all!!