The Decision (pt.2)

I'm back!

--

The empty side of the covers were cold. I run my finger over it and I shiver slightly. My shirtless body was warm compared to the coldness. I lean over to get a better view of the clock on my nightstand. 6:45am. I had woken up earlier than usual. I stretch and get out of bed before peaking through the blinds covering my bedroom window. The sun was yet to appear, but by the indigo and fire orange colours illuminating the sky, I knew that dawn would soon be over. I stare out of the window at the early risers. Familiar faces walking in and out of the building, going their separate ways. I never had a name for any of the faces I saw. Like I said, I'm not bothered to meet any of the other Reapers here officially. Then, another thought comes to mind. Night. The one time that I can be myself. By that, I mean it's hard to be seen..to be found. Whenever I'm working on a case, I like to do it at night. Night is mysterious. People seem to underestimate the night or just plain dislike it. Night for some people can be a real fear. The fear of the unknown. The fear of what's lurking in the shadows or in a dark foggy forest. At a younger age, I had a fear of the dark and being alone outside at nighttime. But being in the Reaping System (no, not the hunger games oops) fears like those were no exception. You had to get over your fears, especially silly ones like the dark. But of course I wasn't entirely alone...I owe so much to Chris Kendell.
I decided since I had some time, to just use it wisely. I got ready for a shower. I wash my hair and body before stepping out and getting ready for another agonizing day at school. As I was pulling on my skinny jeans, I was reminded of something that made my stomach fill with butterflies. My only friend in the real world. Dan. I knew he was my subject and that soon I would have to come to my painful decision. I hoped strongly that wouldn't be the case, though. I felt a slight blush rise apon my cheeks at the thought of him. The image of his beautiful brown eyes piercing into mine, my fingers laced in his dark brown locks, his body pressed to mine. I bite my lip as I button up my white long sleeved shirt. It looked kind of formal and I hardly ever wore it, but fuck it. After my hair was dry and straightened, I sling my bag over my shoulder's and put on my black shoes. I open and close my room door and swiftly walk down the halls.
I have a little more time today, so I tell Chris about Dan. I tell him about how awkward and quiet he was at first and how I found it adorable. Also about his appearance and how we've bonded very well. And I admit my kind of strong crush on him.
"Good on you, mate," he smiles a crooked smile at me. "He sounds like a cool dude."
I nod my head and grin. I may have to kill that 'cool dude'. I change the subject almost immediately.
"Soo, how's that Ligouri guy?" Chris pursed his lips in what I guess is thought and just shrugs. "We talked this morning, but only briefly," he replied flatly.
"Well, why is that?" I ask.
"Probably because since he saved this chicks life awesomely..he's been talking to them!" Chris turned around quickly and pointed to the rather large group of Reapers surrounding the curly haired man. I could tell they were popular. I've seen them everywhere.
I know Chris never fit in well with that group. He has a certain charm and humour that you just have to admire, but the popular Reapers weren't fond of him.

But who really gives a shit?

"Oh, who cares about them?!" I speak, trying to make Chris feel a bit better about the situation.
"Pj is also new. And you know what Charlie's like!"
Charlie. Charlie Skies. Don't get me started on him. Let's just say his personality is just as hostile as it is cocky. He had the same black fringe and blue eyes as me..but a player. A man whore some people call him. I really hope he dosen't get to Pj. I don't know him yet, but my best friend likes him. I feel a need to protect him.
"Charlie can suck it!" Spits Chris in their direction.
I sigh at poor Chris and pull out my phone from my jeans pocket for the time. Almost 8:00.
"Well I'd love to stay and here you bicker, but I gotta run. Hope everything turns out okay, see ya!" I call to Chris as I'm leaving the room.