Chapter 15- Ryker

"Come on, Heaven." I whisper as I pick up my princess, who was still crying from the first couple of times I attempted to give her the medicine. I walked out of my room and motioned for Jade to follow. By the time we got to the bathroom, Heaven had laid her head on my shoulder and stopped crying. I told jade to stand next to the sink and waited for her to get there. I gently set my angel in her arms. Heaven's back was to Jade's chest and one of Jade's arms was across Heaven's chest and the other was under her thighs. I quickly put the correct amount of medicine into the little cup, knowing Heaven doesn't like strangers. I turned around and Heaven saw what I was holding and began struggling. "Hold her arms, please." I tell Jade. The arm that was around Heaven's chest and arms tightened slightly so she couldn't move her arms. I quickly poured the smooth liquid into her mouth and kept one hand under her chin so she didn't spit it everywhere. She quickly swallowed it before she began screaming. She reached for me and continued to scream while I put everything away. After everything was put away, I picked up Heaven. I looked at Jade, who was making her way to her room. "Jade," I say to get her attention. "Thank you." I slowly turn away and walk to my room. I quietly open the door and slowly close it behind me. Heaven was still breathing heavy and whimpering every few seconds, but other than that, she had stopped her crying. I gently laid her on my bed, closer to the wall and sat on the bed next to her. Her big green eyes were slowly closing while she sucked on her fingers. I couldn't help but imagine what she'll be like as a teen. Hopefully, she won't be anything like me. I want her to be able to defend herself, but I don't want her to get in fights; I want her to be independent, but not shut everyone out. She's the only thing that gets me through every day and I won't ever let anything happen to her. Her finger fell from her mouth as her little head drifted into dreamland. I knew she would be a heartbreaker, but I just hope she doesn't make the same mistakes I made. I can teach her the difference between right and wrong, even if I'm not sure on the fine line between the two. I don't want her to know anyone from school, so I'll have to talk to Jade about inviting people over. I lay down next to my angel and pull the blanket over both of us. My eyes start to droop, and right before I fall asleep I feel my daughter snuggle into my chest.