Chapter 14: Jade

"Because I don't want my daughter to end up like you two!" Ryker yelled as he slammed the door in mine and Cara's faces. "Well that was rude." Cara said turning to look at me. "So, where'd the kid come from?" She asked looking a bit confused. I began walking to my room as I started talking. "I'm assuming when he was still partying, he knocked a girl up and she ended up leaving Heaven with him." I explained. We entered my room and started getting into the bed. "I guess she's the reason he stopped clubbing and stuff." I thought out loud. She nodded and climbed into bed with me. "But I'm still confused," she turned towards me. "Why didn't he tell anyone about her? I mean her mom probably went to our school, right?" I thought for a moment. "He went clubbing, right?" I asked; she nodded. "You have to be 21 to get into clubs, he probably had a fake ID and got in. She was probably out of high school when she got pregnant with Heaven and so we wouldn't have known her." I explained. It was silent as she thought for a few minutes. "So what do we do about it?" Cara asked. "Nothing, it's none of our business." I told her. "Jade, I don't think you understand." Cara started. "Ryker and I are meant to be, so she will eventually become my daughter. Nothing will keep us apart." She told me as if she was explaining sharing to a two year old. "Cara, he obviously doesn't like you. I don't even think he knows your name." I tell her. Cara stands up from my bed; I sit up and look at her while she gathers her things. "What kind of friend are you? I mean, you know I've had a HUGE crush on him since I was in kindergarten! And you just act like that's nothing! Sure, we don't run in the same circles, but you could at least try to encourage me!" She raised her voice as she gathered all her things. "You were supposed to be my best friend, but I guess I was wrong." She muttered as she walked out of my room. I mean, I would go to see her out, but she was never a good friend. Sure, we've had almost every class together since kindergarten, but since we met, she only talked about Ryker. She was someone to talk to and to sit with at lunch, but I wouldn't say we were best friends. I cuddled back into my bed and listened. I wasn't expecting to hear anything, so when a knock at my door came, I almost screamed. I slowly stood up and walked to my door. I opened it slightly and gasped when I saw Ryker. "Listen Jaz," he began, but I cut him off. "It's Jade." I corrected. "Sorry, listen, Jade, I don't know you and don't really trust you, but I need help giving Heaven her meds." He murmured to me. "So, you're asking for help?" I inquired. "Yes. I need help." He hissed. "So will you or not?" He snapped. I nodded and followed him down the hall to his room. "Come on, Heaven." Ryker whispered as he picked Heaven up off his bed.