Chapter 11: Ryker

I sighed and looked at Heaven. She was watching Baby Einstein's on my lap top. She giggled as she watched. I didn't understand why Jade couldn't get it through her thick head that Heaven wasn't my sister. I didn't want to straight out tell her I was Heaven's dad. I mean, it's an obvious! I take care of her, and make sure she's fed and has everything she needs and wants. I just hope she doesn't bring anymore of her friends around. I don't even know why she brought that other girl here. "DADA" Heaven called from my bed. I walked to her and picked her up. She giggled and played with my hair as I carried her to the bathroom. I gave her a quick bath, putting her in a diaper and taking her to my bed. I dressed her in a floral sleeper and picked her up. She laid her head on my shoulder and I carried her down stairs. I tickled her a little and she laughed as I jogged down the stairs. I heard the girls laughing and giggling about something from the kitchen. Great, just great. I walked through the door way and saw Jade and her friend in matching outfits. They both wore tank tops and booty shorts with their hair in pony tails. Who in their right mind would let their kid buy and wear something like that? I thought to myself. I carried Heaven to the cabinet that held her plates, bowls, cups and spoons. I set Heaven on the counter and grabbed and cup, a bowl and a spoon and set it down. "Do you want us to help you?" Jade asked. I shook my head 'no'. "Ok, you aren't talking to us. At least tell us who she is. I mean you keep her to yourself like you own her!" She began to raise her voice. Heaven grasped my hair harder and put her head in my neck. Jade's voice was scarring her. I grabbed the bowl, spoon and cup and carried her back to my room.