pretty

•emilia•

some guy just moved in to the apartment next to mine. i didn't see it, but i definitely heard it. i could hear many people walking up and down the halls probably carrying boxes and furniture. but i didn't want to go out and introduce myself yet. besides, i would probably see whoever moved in soon considering they were right next to me.

plus, i was in the middle of reading a really interesting book about deep sea creatures that use bioluminescence. it was also my day off from work and i really didn't want to interact with new people.

it was around five when it finally sounded like they had moved everything in. besides, it wasn't like they could have that much stuff anyways. the apartment next to mine had the same layout as mine and my apartment was very small.

all i had was a decent sized bedroom big enough for my twin bed pushed up against the wall under the window, my big desk in the opposite corner and a dresser next to my closet. there was only one bathroom which wasn't that bad.

the living room could fit my dark blue couch a small coffee table with a couple bean bags on the other side. although the kitchen was tiny. but it wasn't like i cooked that much. and there wasn't a dining room, the kitchen jut had a bar with a couple bar stools.

when the sun was setting i went out to the little balcony next to the living room. the first thing i heard was someone singing and playing the guitar. there was a lanky blonde boy on the balcony next to mine. he was probably the guy that moved in next door.

he was pretty attractive. he had messy blonde hair and seemed to be really tall but i couldn't really tell because he was sitting down. it looked like he had blue eyes but i couldn't really see them either. but his arms were covered in tattoos and he had a lip ring.

his voice was beautiful though. it was raspy but also extremely smooth and effortless. and the fingerpicking he was playing on the guitar was delicate but still pretty.

"it's rude to stare," the boy said abruptly without stopping his guitar playing. he was now looking directly at me. he definitely had bright blue eyes.

"well then, i guess i'm not a polite person," i smirked at him causing him to smile.

"you should probably work on that," he said, letting his hands fall from the instrument.

"don't stop playing," i told him. he was playing a blink-182 song. i couldn't quite remember the song title but it was definitely blink. "that was blink-182, right?"

his eyebrows raised when i mentioned i recognized the song. "wow," he chuckled. "you're pretty, rude, and have good music taste. you're not the most normal girl, are you, neighbor?"

he called me pretty. i repeat, my attractive new neighbor called me pretty. he just made my day even if he'll never know it.

"i guess not," i told him while turning back inside my apartment. it was getting dark out and i needed to cook dinner.

but, he called me pretty.