Chapter 13: Goodbyes

Gabi's POV:

Friday

“Today, I was apparently tired enough to spray silly string under my armpits rather than deodorant. FML.” I busted out laughing as Shy read FML's of the online website fmylife.com. “Today, I found my dad drunk, sitting on the bathroom floor crying. When I asked him why, he said, my son is gay. I'm his only child, and I'm a girl. FML.”

I clutched my stomach as I laughed harder. Once we finally could catch our breaths and stop laughing, she attempted to tell me another. “Stop, stop. I can't deal.” She has been reading all kinds of funny things since she has been here.

“Okay! After this last one.” She replied, quickly. “Today, my band informed me that our gig this afternoon was actually a wedding. Whose wedding? My ex-wife's, along with the guy she cheated on me with. For their first dance, I had to sing what used to be our song. FML.”

My mouth dropped, slightly. “That is messed up, but so funny.” I retorted with a chuckle.

“All jokes aside, I like you. Like, I have feelings for you, like.” She stated.

A small smile made its way on my face. We have been hanging out almost every day for about two months and we talk all day and night, through the phone, texting, or internet. I have never felt this way towards anyone. It scares me. I don't want my friends and family to hate me for something I can't control. “Me too.”

She leaned her face towards me and planted her lips on me. As the kiss deepened, she somehow ended up hovering above me and her hands in my pants. The sound of a door opening downstairs pulled me out of the moment. “Stop.” I whispered, pushing her away.

I fixed my hair and clothes while she went into the restroom. She came back in and my mom walked in my room with Ari. “Let me see my beautiful niece!” I called, making my way towards her. She was asleep so I just kissed her and hugged her to my chest for a few minutes.

“Hey Shy. Gab, you need to do those dishes.” Mom stated when I handed Ari back to her.

I rolled my eyes. “Can I wait till my friend leaves?”

“No, I want you to do them now.” She retorted, sternly. She started to walk away but stopped, facing me. “Don't roll your eyes at me, little girl.”

“Okay.”

“Okay? Don't act cute because you have a friend over. Show some respect.”

“Yes ma'am.”

“Thank you.” She retorted, walking to her room.

“Want to go down there while I wash dishes?” I asked Shy, who was sitting on my bed.

“Sure, I'll help.” She retorted, standing up.

I shrugged my shoulders and walked downstairs, with her behind me. Once we finished, I walked to the backyard. I sat down, placing my feet in the pool. Shy did the same thing. “So, where is this going?”

She looked thoughtful for a moment. “I want you to be my girlfriend.”

Girlfriend. That title makes me nervous. “It has to be a secret for now.”

“For now, then. Until you are ready to tell people.” She retorted.

I smiled and placed my hand on top of hers. “Okay, girlfriend.”

“Okay, girlfriend.” She mimicked me. I pulled my hand away right before my mom came in my line of vision. “Your father wants to you to visit and I am here to take you. So, sorry Shy, I'll drop you off.”