Chapter 7: Game Time

Gabi's POV:

Are there any guys you like? None? Not even any that you think are cute? Dani's words replayed in my head. A guy has never really caught my eye. Guys flirt with me all the time, but I never pay any attention to them. I'm not conceited or cocky, but I am aware of my beauty. If I wanted a boyfriend I could have one easily. But, no. I can't see myself with a guy. Ever since I was little, I always looked at girls. Of course, no one knows that. That's my deepest, darkest secret. I don't know what I would do if anyone found out about it. I would probably be the laughing stock. I also haven't come completely to terms with it myself. I have never been with a girl or a boy, physically. I have kissed my fair share of boys, but nothing ever meant anything to me. I've never had a boyfriend or girlfriend. I felt the tears slowly fall down my face. Why? Why do I have to feel this way? It makes me feel gross and nasty. From the way I look and act, you would never know how I truly felt inside. Slowly, I drifted off to sleep.

“Gabi, time for school! Get up!” Mom yells on the other side of the door, knocking.

“I'm up!” I recall back. Not that I want to be up. I want to sleep my life away. I hear her do it to my sisters' room as I stand up to look for something to wear. I looked through my closet and I didn't know what to wear. Zebra tights? No. Black pants? No, White pants? Hell no. High waist royal blue shorts? I took them out and held them to my waist, looking at the mirror. No. I pulled the white skinny jeans back out and examined them. I checked the time and saw it was seven o'clock. Shit, only an hour to finish getting ready. Fuck it, these are fine.

Now time for a shirt. I quickly scanned my closet until I found a shirt that caught my eyes. It was atank top with metallic cone studs at the neck and a sheer chiffon inset over cheetah print. The back drapes down and has a hi-low hem.I glance over my closet one more time and my black and white vertical stripped tights caught my eye. I put my white skinny jeans back and pulled my tights out. I sat my things on the bed and ran to the shower.

After I showered in a record time, ten minutes, and brushing my teeth, I ran back to my room. I used my sweet pea lotion and rubbed it all over my body before putting on my outfit. I searched my shoes until I found a pair of black pumps. I quickly dried my hair and straightened it, making stray curls here and there. I put on all my makeup which consisted of concealer, base, powder, dark eye shadow, eyeliner, and mascara. I pulled on my pumps, silver bangles, and sprayed some of my sweet pea perfume. I pushed my iPhone 6 into my purse before quickly walking down the stairs.

“Gabi, there is waffles in the kitchen.” Dani stated from the couch. She was in blue shorts and see through white button down shirt with a black undershirt. On her feet, was a pair of blue converse. She had on more make up than usual and her hair was in big curls. Then her question came into mind.

Are there any guys you like? None? Not even any that you think are cute?

Like a light bulb suddenly went off in my head and I thought of a plan. A plan to turn myself straight. “Why are you so dressed up? Huh? Got a boyfriend?” I teased.

She rolled her eyes before replying. “Why are you dressed up?”

“I'm always dressed up. Duh.” I walked into the kitchen and pulled out a granola bar. I wasn't really hungry so I put it in my purse for later.

“Gabi, if you don't hurry, I will leave your ass.” I hear Bentley yell.

I walked into the living room to see Bentley at the bottom of the stairs. “Bentley, you are stupid. I'm in the kitchen and I'm ready.” I laughed, slapping him in the head.