Chapter 14: Finally Sixteen

Dani's POV:

Happy, happy birthday. Happy happy, birthday. Happy, happy Birthday to you, Dani and Gabi.” The video of my dad was playing on the big screen of our movie room. Gabi and I cried at the sound of his voice. “If you are watching this, then that means Cancer won the fight. Don't worry because I won the battle. I want the both of you to be happy! You are finally sixteen. I wish I could be there but God had different plans for me. Enjoy today and the birthday presents I have left. I love you both, so much. I'll always be watching over you all.

The screen turned blank and I tried to hold the tears back. Kevin pulled me closer to his chest as a few tears fell. Gabi was the first to speak. “Presents? What did he get us?”

I wiped my tears away and tried to remember happy memories of my father. “Follow us.” Mom retorted, walking out of the room. Cynthia, Spencer, Ari, Bentley, Amiyah, Anna, Tyler, Janessa, Hayden, Hunter, Shy, and Kevin followed Gabi and I out of the room to the front yard. I spotted the two white 2013 Lexus LS as soon as I stepped outside. “Happy birthday from Daddy Derrick.”

Gabi and I screamed at the top of our lungs when Mom threw us the keys. “No way! Thank you, daddy!” I called, looking up at the clear sky. An unexpected drop of rain fell on my cheek and when I turned to Gabi she was wiping something off of her face.

“Go check it out, take it for a ride. But I want you both to be home in three hours, no less or no later. But first, we have rules.” As rules left my mom's mouth, I knew it wouldn't be good.

She turned to Brandon for him to tell us. “Your mother and I decided that since you are both sixteen that you both need a few rules. No driving after dark unless we give permission. We will fill up your tanks once, maybe twice a week. If you both decide to get in trouble than you will not be driving. I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but if I remember, then we'll let you know. Now go.”

“Be careful.” Mom called after us. Gabi and Shy got in Gabi's car while Kevin followed me to my car.

“This is sick.” Kevin stated as I hit the gas.

“Where do you want to go? What do you want to do?” I questioned, excited. Although, my dad was weighing heavy on my mind, I decided I had to be happy.

“I know a cool place. But I have to drive.” He retorted with a smile on his face and pulling one of my hands to his.

“Har-Har, hell no. I asked you to drive your truck once and you told me no. Just tell me where to go.”

“Because it is a standard and you don't know how to drive a stick.” He retorted. I could drive your stick. I cringed at the perverted thoughts in my mind. I'm a virgin, but Kevin just makes me horny thinking about him.

“You could teach me.” I answered, stubbornly.

“If I promise to teach you, will you let me drive your beautiful car?” He questioned, with a smile spread across his lips that I couldn't resist.

Rolling my eyes, I pulled to the side of the road and got out. I held my keys out for him to take. When he reached for them, I retracted my arm. “Promise me.”

“I promise to teach you to drive a stick.” He kissed me on the lips, making my breath hitch. I handed him the keys as he whispered in my ear, “my stick.

I pushed him away and kicked him in the leg, playfully. “Pervert.”

“You said it.” He chuckled as my face blazed red. “It's okay, horny bee.”