Chapter 23: Triplets

Dani's POV:

I keep replaying two choices in my head. I know I need to make my choice and quick before I'm alone and unhappy. But the choices are so hard. Why can't I just have both? And my twin sister, what the hell is her problem? She is supposed to have my back and not go against me. Even if she is right. My phone rang with a text. It was from Miguel.

Hey beautiful. Do you want to grab something to eat?

I quickly reply a yes and as soon as I stand up, Kevin is walking through the door with Annalea on his lap. “My baby girl. I've missed you, sweetie.” I picked her up and hugged her. It has only been two days but it feels like a lifetime.

“We need to talk, Dani.”

“Not now. I have plans.” I replied, grabbing Annalea's things and trying to get out the door. He slams his back to the door, making sure I can't leave.

“You are going to talk to me or I will take Annalea and run away. And legally, it won't be kidnapping.”

I rolled my eyes and sat down. “Speak.”

“Who is it going to be? Your family or him? Because if you ever cheat on me again, I will fucking kill you.” He growled.

I shrank in my seat as his threat hit my eyes. He sounded scary. “Kevin, I never cheated on you. You never even let me explain. Miguel is just my friend.”

“So you tell your friend that you may be pregnant before you boyfriend?”

“Kevin, when do you ever have time for me? Or our family? If you aren't working, you are at school. Or you are tired. We never talk like we used to. It feels like we are just parents living in the same house. We never make love and when we do, it isn't passionate. It seems like it is just for you to get your nut and then you're done. What about me? I'm so fucking lonely that I'm going crazy. Then I meet Miguel and he makes me happy. The only thing we have ever done was hold hands once and it was completely innocent. I don't feel beautiful, anymore and you never tell me I am. He does. Maybe, I have fell in love with him but I did not cheat on you, Kevin. I love you and I am in love with you. But I'm lonely even when I sleep next to you every night.”

“Excuse me for trying to keep a roof under my family's head and food on the table.”

“But you are constantly working. You don't have too; I have enough money from my dad to last me until Annalea is eighteen. Remember the promise you made when I was pregnant? When we found out we were having a girl? Do you? When you make time for me then we can talk more, but until then I have plans.” I stated, standing up. I took Kevin's silence as my cue to exit.

I made my way a few town's over to meet Miguel. I hugged him tightly as his smell made his way to my nose. He always smelled delicious. “How have you been?”

“Okay. Me and Kevin just had a little argument. What about you?”

“Is everything fine? What was it about? And I've been good, just working.” He replied.

“What is it always about? I don't really want to talk about him right now.”

“What do you want to talk about then?” He asked.

“Us.” I retorted. “Where we stand.”

“Dani... We are friends. What do you mean where we stand?”

I looked at him and wanted to cry. Of course, he never told me he had feelings for me or that he fell in love with me. But I always assumed it was because of Kevin. “Miguel... I think I am in love with you.”