Chapter 4: Secrets From The Past

Derrick’s POV:

“Where have you been?” I questioned my wife Nicole as she walked in at eleven thirty at night for the third time this week.

“Why do you care?” She retorted back, with venom laced through her words. “You didn’t give a damn when we found out we couldn’t have kids. In fact, you left me to deal with it on my own. But I forgot that you got to experience having kids. Well guess what, I haven’t and I want too! Damn it, I want to so fucking bad.” She slid to the floor with her head in her hands. Her whimpers filled the room and I did what I thought was best. I pulled her close to me and let her cry on my shoulder.

“I care because I am your husband. I’m sorry that we can’t have kids. I wish we could have a kid. But we tried and I don’t know what else we can do.” I replied, stroking my hand through her hair.

“But you have kids, I don’t. I almost did, but you know…” She trailed off. “My only kid is, by law, not my child...”

“But I don’t have any with you.” I retorted.

She looked up at me with love in her eyes. She pulled my face to hers and our lips locked. The kiss got heated fast; I lifted her up and pushed her legs around my hips. Trying to not break the kiss, I walked upstairs to our bedroom. I pushed her on the bed and tore her shirt off. She pulled my lips back to hers and moaned as my hands traveled to her breast. “Make love to me.” She pleaded in a low moan. I did as she said with hopes of her becoming pregnant so maybe, we both could be happy again.

Cynthia’s POV:

Thank god, after this week is summer break! I thought to myself as I sat down on my couch. College was no joke. “Hey baby,” I greeted Dean as he walked downstairs.

“Sup boo,” He sat down next to me, pulling me in his lap. He gave me a short kiss on the lips before lowering his head to my belly and kissing it. “Daddy loves you.” He whispered making my heart melt. I loved when he did that; it showed me that he really did care despite some of his actions.

“How was your day?” I questioned.

“It was okay; just a busy and frustrating day at work.” He stated before turning on the TV.

“Do you want to talk about it?” I questioned.

“Not really. I think I might go out with the boys later.” He stated, turning a boxing match on TV.

“Please, just don’t have another episode.” I stated, somewhat afraid of his reaction.

“What the fuck do you mean by another episode?” He yelled, making me flinch.

“Nothing babe, I’m sorry I said anything.” I stated, putting my arm protectively around my belly.

“Sorry that I yelled at you. I had a rough day at work. I won’t, I promise.” He retorted, standing up. He gave me a peck on the lips and left. I didn’t believe his promise because it wouldn’t be the first time it has happened. It hasn’t always been this way; we used to have the perfect relationship and he used to be the sweetest guy.

Cynthia, I have someone I would like you to meet.” My friend, Rachel stated as we walked from our last class of the day to our dorm. It was my second week of collage and I was just starting to get used to everything and everyone.

From the look on her face, I knew it was a guy. “I’m not interested in a relationship or anything similar.” I retorted. My senior year of high school, I fell in love with my best friend. Or so I thought. We were together almost the whole year. I gave up everything to him, including my virginity. That was something I wanted to save for marriage but it just felt like it was the right thing to do at that time. Until, I found out I was pregnant and that he cheated on me the whole entire time. It was all a joke to him. When I found out I was pregnant, I told him of course but he laughed at me and told me good luck with that. He left and never spoke to me after that. I was so embarrassed about finding out I was pregnant so I did what I thought was right. I kept it to myself and got an abortion. Till this day, no one knows about it. Since it was towards the end of the year, he didn’t get suspicious when I didn’t start showing. After school was over, I made sure the school I choose was a few hours away. I wanted to turn away and never look back. I felt like a murderer when I got that abortion. I still do.