Chapter 8: Love Conquers All

Janessa's POV:

My door creaked open, causing my eyes to open and adjust to the dark room. “Uncle Bobby? Is that you?” My small eleven year old voice asked. My family was fast asleep and Dad's Uncle was staying a weekend.

Shh, sweetie. Don't speak.” He made his way to my bed and covered my mouth with his hand. “If you make any noises, I will kill you.”

He pulled out a knife, placing it on the desk. He pulled tape out of his pocket and taped my mouth shut. It was no point because I didn't plan to yell. I couldn't. He would kill me. He smiled wickedly at me and the way his eyes ran down my body made my stomach hurt. He tore my night shorts off and pushed my underwear to my ankles. I was scared now. I debated on screaming but I was scared. What if he killed me? I didn't want to die. I was only eleven. As his hand started to rub my private part, I attempted to scream but nothing was coming out. Before he could shove his dirty fingers inside me, my bedroom door flew open. “You sick, bastard!” Daddy roared before cocking his gun, and squeezing the trigger.

“Janessa, baby, wake up! It was just a nightmare.” I felt myself in someone’s arms, slightly rocking. I opened my eyes, only for them to be blocked with tears. I cleared my eyes enough to see my moms’ sad face and began to cry again. I had another night terror. It was somewhat normal now. The only thing was that in my dream, I was saved before anything too bad happened. In real life, unfortunately, I wasn't. That dirty bastard stole my innocence and childhood. He ruined me. I refuse to talk to anyone outside my family and I barely talk to my family. How could you when someone you called Uncle raped you? What sucks is that almost everyone in my family knows what happened. “You will never have to worry about Him hurting you again.”

I got up from the bed and made my way to the bathroom to take a cold shower, scrubbing my skin like I could get rid of the memories of him touching my body. After I got dressed, I walked back to my room to see my mom still sitting on my bed. “Thank you, Mom. Sorry I woke you up.”

“Oh hunny, don't thank me or apologize. This isn't your fault, none of it is.” She cooed softly.

“I love you, Mommy. I just wish I could make these painful memories go away.”

“Baby girl, you are the strongest girl I have ever met. You will get through this and forget the memories. It may take a while but someone will come in your life and replace all the memories that sick creature left you with. You never have to worry about him again.” She placed a small kiss on my cheek before standing up. “I love you, too and if you need me, I'm only a few rooms away.”

“Goodnight, Mom.”

“Goodnight, baby.” As she closed my door, I stood up and walked over to my computer. While I waited for it to load fully, there was a small knock on my door.

I stood up and walked over to it, pulling it open. “Are you okay? I heard you screaming but I knew Mom was in here so I didn't come in.”

“Sorry I woke you up, Tyler.” I retorted to Bentley's best friend.

“Can I come in?”

“I was just going to get on the computer because I can't sleep but sure.” I replied, letting him in. He sat on my bed and made himself comfortable.

Tyler is Bentley's best friend and has been since I was nine. He is eighteen years old, with messy dark brown hair and light brown eyes with a hint of green. He was handsome. I've always thought he was and I've always had a crush on him. Does he know? Well, hell no. Bentley would kill us. It's not like we could be together anyway, he will be nineteen in a month. He patted a spot next to him on my bed and I walked toward him, sitting down. “Was it about him?” He questioned with dark eyes.