Chapter 20: First Date

Gabi's POV:

I, Gabriella Rose Williams, is having a baby boy. I never in a million years thought I would be giving birth any day now. At eight and a half months pregnant, you would think I was having twins or triplets because of how huge I was. Twins. Knowing that I could be the mother of two... It breaks my heart knowing that there was two babies in my stomach, but due to my suicide attempt, one is no longer there. What if it was another boy? Maybe it was a girl. It hurts because I know it is my fault. But, then I try to think positive and wonder if it was what was best since I'm only seventeen and single. “Gabi, you are eight and a half months pregnant. Don't you think you need to tell Mason?”

Ignoring my twin sister, I thought about the situation with Mason. Our whole thing was a mistake and I should have been smarter. Having sex was one thing but unprotected is just down right stupid. Thinking about Mason, makes me think about Shy. Why she did the things she did confuses me. One minute, she is claiming she loves me and then the next she is telling everyone our-my deepest darkest secret. To say I'm completely over her would be a lie. But being in the hospital taught me a few things. I can love her but she is toxic. So, I will stay away from her. I changed my number. She knows where I live, but I don't think she is dumb enough to come over. “Gabi, I'm in a rush. Could you take Janessa to school?” Mom questioned.

“Sure.” I slipped on my house shoes and made my way out of the room. Janessa was sitting on the couch, texting her life away. She was now in high school, so I had to take her to the one place I never wanted to go back to. “Are you okay, sis?”

I nodded my head. “Yes... You ready?”

She stood up and followed me to the car. Once we got in, she turned to me. “When do you think you will tell Mason?”

I shrugged my shoulders. “When I'm ready.” Mason was a senior again and I was silently hoping he wouldn't be at the school.

I pulled into the school parking lot as Janessa started to get out. “You might want to get ready cause he is on his way over.”

I looked where she was staring and saw him, walking towards my car. “Shit, hurry up and get out so I can leave.”

“No, you need to grow a pair and tell him. He deserves to know.” I sighed, knowing she was right.

“Fine.”

“Hi, Janessa.”

“Hi. Bye.” She stated, leaving us alone.

“Get in, Mason. We have to talk.” I stated, wishing I did this a long time ago. He sat in the car and I took off to the park. It was silent and to think about it, I'm surprised he actually got in the car.

“So, pregnant I see? I thought you were lesbian?” He questioned.

“When you started talking to me, I knew I was lesbian. I didn't want anyone to know because I didn't know how to deal with it. I knew I was always different from other girls. Growing up, my eyes would always roam over girls bodies. Before you came up to me, I made a plan that if I were to lose my virginity, I would be straight. I felt nothing with you. The same day you began to talk to me, so did Shy. She was new and she just knew I wasn't straight. I found out about your bet through my sister and I was like hey, I could just play him at his own game. Protection was the last thing on both of our minds that day we had sex. Here I am, eight and a half months later: fat and pregnant. Before you ask, you are definitely the father.”

He looked at me, complete shock covering his features. “I truly did fall for you and I felt horrible when Shy pulled that stunt. I tried to visit you in the hospital but I wasn't allowed. I stayed hoping you would come back to school, just so I could talk to you and make sure you were okay. How did the baby survive the whole suicide attempt?”