Chapter 5: Pregnancy Test

Nicole's POV:

What did I do? What did I do? This is going to end my marriage. Why am I so fucking stupid? I fucked over the one person who has ever truly loved me for me. Now, it's over for one mistake. I have to tell him. “Babe, what does it say?” Derrick questioned on the other side of the door to the restroom. I picked up the pregnancy test and let the tears flow down my face. Pregnant. Something I wanted so bad but now, I wish I wasn't. I opened the door and looked at my amazing husband. Although, we have been having problems, I still am in love with him. “What's wrong? You had all the signs for the past month. You have to be pregnant.” He retorted.

I shook my head, sadly. “I have to talk to you, Derrick.” I stated, trying to cut my emotions off. He looked confused but walked to our bedroom. I sat on the bed and stared at the pregnancy test in my hands. “I'm pregnant...”

“That's good. Why are you so sad?” He interrupted me with happiness all through his voice.

I let the sob escaped my lips. “It might not be yours.”

“What the fuck do you mean? It might not be mine?” He asked. I looked up at him expecting to see hurt and anger in his eyes but they were dark. Usually I could see all his emotions through his face but it was emotionless.

“It started the night you stayed in the hotel. You know how my boss has always hit on me. About a week or two before that night, I went on my first date with him. He showed me affection, he made me feel like I was important, he made me laugh, he made me forget about all my problems, and he made me feel happy. Which we haven't felt in a long time. We kept going on dates, kissing every once and a while until that night you left. I knew you were thinking about Jenny and I had no doubt that is who you spent your night with. I was so pissed that I called him and he came over. We had sex and we kept having sex. I thought well, I can't get pregnant and my husband doesn't want to touch me so I might as well. He made me feel alive. The night you made sweet, sweet love to me, he did too.” I whispered. It happened so fast I didn't know what to do or how to react. He slapped me straight across my face.

“Get the hell out of my house. In nine months, my lawyer will be calling to see if that is my child or not. If it's not, don't ever contact me again.” He stated with an emotionless face.

“And if it is?” I questioned, letting the sobs out. “Don't take my baby away.”

“I'm not that fucked up like you. If it's mine, than I will take care and do what I have to do. Now get out and don't think of calling me. We are done.” He spat out.

“Are you divorcing me?” My heart felt like it was breaking in a million pieces. I knew I deserved this but I just didn't think it would happen this way.

“Yes.” He retorted before walking out. I soon heard the front door slam shut. I got the things I knew I needed for a week. I was going to come back and get everything else of mine, but I just wanted to allow him to cool down.

Derrick's POV:

She has been cheating on me. I guess this is how Jenny felt when I cheated on her. My phone started ringing so I picked it up and noticed it was my doctor. “Derrick, it's Dr. Wright and we have some test results that you might want to come and talk about. Do you think you could be up here in the next hour?” He questioned.

“Yeah, I'll be there.” I hung the phone up. Great, what else can go wrong? I got in my car and drove to the clinic, hoping the news wasn't too bad.