Chapter 11: Played

Janessa's POV:

I walked in the house, laughing at a joke Tyler told me before he dropped me off. We have been hanging out a lot lately but no one knows. When I walked in the house, I felt like something was wrong. Trying to ignore the bad feeling, I walked in my room to my mom on my bed with Tyler's shirt and letter that he wrote me.

“What are you doing in my room?”

In love with you for four years. Only girl I have ever made love to.? Janessa, explain this.” She retorted, with disappoint over her features. “Who is this secret guy you've been spending so much time with?”

I snatched my things out of her hand, truly pissed off. “Why are you going through my things?”

“Janessa Marie Gomez, your father and I pay the bills so your thingsare in my house. I trusted you, Janessa. I told you that you could come to me when you were ready. Are you at least using protection? You are only fourteen, you are too young to have sex or make love.” She questioned, with tear filled eyes.

“You got pregnant with Bentley when you were fourteen.” I retorted with an attitude.

“And I don't want you making the same choice. Don't give me that attitude.”

I was sick of them treating me like a child. I was no longer a child when I was raped. “I'm too young to make love and have sex but yet the only sexual memory I have I was raped! Have you ever thought that I'm sick of remembering that? I try so hard for it not to get to me, but I thought of it all the time, every day until these were given to me.” I held the things and my hands up, sitting in my computer chair.

Tears flowed down her face and I felt horrible. “Janessa, I'm so sorry you had to go through that and it wasn't right. I wish I could take away the hurt you feel but I can't. I don't know how.”

“Let me be with who I love, no matter who I love.” I retorted. “Stop crying, please. You don't understand he makes me forget about all of it.”

“I understand, baby. I just want to know if you are being safe. Are you? If you are going to be sexually active than you are getting the birth control shot.”

“It was twice and we used protection.” Kind of, I internally added. “I'm not saying I will not be sexually active but I will get on birth control.”

“Who is he?”

I shook my head. “I can't say, not now anyway.”

She took my hand in hers and looked me in the eyes. “I want you to trust me. You can tell me anything and it is kept secret.”

I have to tell her. I hate keeping things from my mom. She is like my best friend. “There is a little age difference. He just turned eighteen, but I've known him since I was nine.”

She leaned in to whisper in my ear. “It's Tyler, isn't it?” I took a breath before nodding my head. “I knew it. The way that boy looks at you; it's like he will do anything to protect you. Y'all have my blessings. I'll make you an appointment for tomorrow.”

“Since, I was honest with you; will you be honest with me? Why were you in my room?”

She let out a sigh. “Something has been different with you. You talk to everyone more, you are always glowing, and you look extremely happy. I came in to put your clothes up and I found it in a drawer.” When she got to the door, she turned her head to face me. “Bentley will not be happy about this, you know.”

I nodded my head and she walked out. I called Tyler, deciding to tell him. “Hey bae.”

I smiled, hearing his voice. “What are you doing?”