Chapter 17: Apologies

Bentley's POV:

While I was out with Amiyah at the mall, I saw Kevin and decided to have a word with him. “How the fuck could take my sister to another state and when she gets in trouble, you cheat on her? I should beat your fucking ass right now.”

“Bentley, calm down. People are starting to look.” Amiyah stated, embarrassed. But I was too pissed off to care. Now my sister is pregnant all because of this dumb fuck.

“Last time you tried to beat my ass, you ended up with a split lip and broken nose. So swing, I fucking dare you. You don't know what the fuck is going on between me and Dani. Maybe we would still be together if you and your nosy ass family would stay the fuck out of our business.” He retorted, getting close to my face.

I pulled my fist back before I felt a small hand on my arm. “If you hit him, consider us over. This is embarrassing; let’s just go.”

“You are a lucky mother fucker.”

“Nah bitch, you wanna fight I'll meet you at your house. Let's go.”

He stormed off before I could reply. “I don't want you fighting, Bentley.”

“I can't look like a pussy.”

She let out a humorless laugh. “Would you rather have your family or look like a pussy?” She grabbed my keys out of my hand and walked away from me.

Dani's POV:

I happened to look out of my window to notice Kevin pulling up. I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion. I haven't talked to him in about three weeks since I told him I was pregnant. As I was walking to see why the hell he was there, I saw Bentley slide in the driveway. He looked pissed but not as pissed at Miyah looked. I quickly made my way out of the house to see what all the commotion was about. “What the hell is going on?” I questioned, resting my hand over my small rounding belly. I was now ten weeks along and you could tell I was pregnant. Well it sort of just looked like a food baby but I have a tiny bump.

I saw Kevin's eyes fall to my belly before staring at my face. “Dani...” He whispered. I rolled my eyes to keep the tears from falling down my face.

Amiyah stepped near me. “Your idiotic brother wants to fight Kevin.”

“Bentley, go inside. I want to talk to dick head over there.” I stated, pointing to Kevin.

He threw a murderous glare at Kevin before storming in. “So, you can come to my house in no time to fight my brother but not to see how the girl who is pregnant with your baby is doing?”

“I apologize for what happened last time we saw each other.” He stated, making his way to me. I backed away, not wanting him to touch me. If he touched me, my anger would go out the fucking window. And he doesn't deserve forgiveness so easy.

“I apologize for what I said but does that make it any better? No. You physically abused me. After I told you I was pregnant, with your child. I have lied and lied to my family for your stupid ass. I lost my families trust. I stopped hanging out with all my friends to spend time with you. But nothing compares to how hurt I felt when I was balling my eyes out and came to see you, only to find out you were with another girl. A fucking hour after you left me. My life is going to shit because of you and you don't even care.”

“It wasn't what it looked like.”

“I have a hard time believing that. Save the bullshit excuses.”

He rubbed his hands over his face before punching the side of his truck, making me flinch. I noticed the tears flow from his eyes and I couldn't help but making my way toward him, wrapping my arms around him. “I didn't cheat on you, I promise you. I called her over because I was so mad but all I could see was your face. The way you touch me. The way you love me. I didn't even take my clothes off. I made her leave as soon as you were gone. I don't want to be with anyone but you. I never meant to put my hands on you but all I saw was red when you said that. I don't want to be like most guys are; I want to be with you through everything with the pregnancy and after.”