Chapter 21: A New Brother

Nicole's POV:

I regret everything. Why did I do what I did to Derrick? I will never know. He was the best husband anyone could ever ask for. I did him straight up dirty. I cheated on him with my boss because I thought he couldn't have a child. Now, I forced to be in a relationship with someone I am completely unhappy with. Staring at my handsome son, Jax, all I could see was Derrick. At the time, I knew he wouldn't-couldn't be Derrick's. Once I had him, I seen it. I can see it in Jax's eyes. He was identical to Derrick and Derrick will never know. Ron, my boss and now boyfriend has questioned me a few times about Jax's paternity but I kept telling him that Derrick couldn't produce more kids. I know I can't keep lying.

Now, I stay locked in this huge, empty house. Ron isn't what I thought he was. He used to give me attention and make sweet love to me. Now, the only attention he is giving me is when he is abusing me. Holding Jax close to my chest, I moved him to his room so he could get some sleep. Who knows when Ron will come home, drunk and yelling?

I was asleep for around two hours or so it felt like it before Ron came storming in. “Hey baby.”

I tried to be sweet, hoping that I could get out of another beating. I stay locked in this house. I was forced to quit my job; I was forced to lose any contact from anyone. “Stupid bitch! Why must you keep lying to me?” He growled, popping me in the face with the back of his hand.

I winced in pain, but tried my best to ignore it. “What are you talking about?”

He could tell I was lying, no matter how good I thought I was at lying. “Tomorrow morning, we are going to the clinic to get a paternity test and I swear to God, if he isn't my son; I will kill you.”

“I don't think he is yours.” I mumbled. Before I saw it coming, Ron was pinning me against the wall with his hand around my throat.

“Bitch, are you stupid?! Why are you just now telling me?” I didn't have anything to say. I didn't know what to say. Besides that, I couldn't even speak because he was holding my throat so tight that it hurt to breath. Then I started thinking, why couldn't he just kill me now and get it over with. I love my son, but when he knows everything; he'll hate me. He would be better off without me. “Answer me! I took care of that damn bastard for almost a year and a half.”

He shook me hard and I heard a loud snap before the pain registered in my head. Before I could scream, my vision went black.

Janessa's POV:

I pulled Ty close to me and kissed him sweetly. We were laying on the couch, wrapped up in a blanket together while watching the Fast and Furious movie series. “How would you feel about having a baby with me?”

I stared at him like he was crazy. I didn't even know what to say or think. I never thought about having kids. Everyone in my family keeps having babies after babies. I never really wanted any. But then again, I have never been in a serious relationship. “When?”

“A year or two. Or sooner.” He retorted, making me nearly choke on my saliva. “I'll take care of you and our baby.”

“I'm only a freshman in high school.” I stated. I didn't know what else to really say. I wasn't nowhere near ready to be a mother. “Besides- never mind.”

He put his lips on my neck and kissed me before whispering, “Tell me.”

He knew my weakest spots; he knew I would tell him as long as his lips were touching me. “I want to be married, first.”