||Twelve||

Zarielle POV

"What is your name? Cause you won't tell me." I asked, sitting back on my couch with Trill Sammy twin.

"Anthony."

"Was that so hard to say for a whole two weeks?" I looked at him. We both busted out laughing.

"Very, you wouldn't understand." He replied, smiling.

I continued to giggle.

"Well, I'mma talk to you later, I gotta hit up the trap." He got off the couch and hugged me before exiting my house.

I looked at my twins and they having been growing so fast, soon to be two months old. Over the past two weeks, I've been thinking about Damien. I'mma be returning to school on Monday, I have to complete my senior year, even though I'll be way behind.

It's this old woman next door who always seemed to check on me before I was pregnant. Now that I have the twins, she said she'll watch them for me when needed. Her name is Gladys, and everytime she cooks she'll send me a plate with a few dollars to buy some baby's milk and cereal.

On the other hand with Anthony, I see him every other day. He's much nicer and gentler than he looks. He fell in love with Zamia after she smiled at him. He can't get over her eyes. I hope he down for me and won't treat me like Damien did.

Anyways, I got my booty off of the couch, and began to work out. I did crunches, squats, situps, and more squats. I got to get my summer body back, cause the twins put some weight on me. My stomach isn't as flat as it used to be, but my legs are still big.

After my exercising, I put the twins in their stroller and put on my shoes, before heading out. I went down the ramp, and began to walk. I ended up walking to the park and sitting on the bench. I began to hear a child crying. I don't know where it came from, until I looked behind me.

"Excuse me sweetie, where is your mommy?" I asked.

"She's at home, she told me to run, b-because her boyfriend was beating her." The little girl sobbed.

"How old are you?"

"Eight."

"Come with me." I grabbed her hand and began to push the stroller and walk back to the projects.

As we sat on the couch of Ms. Gladys' home, she was asking her questions about her mother. The police soon arrived with horrible news. Cynniah's, the little girls' mother was stabbed twenty-four times. She broke out and cried. I ended up crying to, because I felt her pain.

"We'll take her and put her in the nearest foster home." The officer spoke, grabbing Cynniah's hand.

"NO! NO! NO!" Her tears fell even harder. This child has a horrible life and hasn't been living that long. Cynniah was kicking and screaming, not wanting to go to the home.

"Sir, can I take her?" I asked, knowing I don't have enough money, but her happiness is worth way more.

"Yeah, that's only if she wants to stay with you." The officer spoke. Cynniah nodded her head, before running over to hug me. I let the tears fall from my eyes and hugged her back. I just offered to take care of a child when I can barely take care of myself.

"You want to go to your house and get your clothes and toys?" I asked Cynniah. It's been a day and she is still upset, only if I could make her feel better. See, Cynniah is the prettiest little girl, reminds me of Anthony/Trill Sammy twin. She had these round almond eyes, light brown skin, and thick curly hair.

"Yeah." She grabbed my hand as we began to walk. The twins are with Ms. Gladys.

"This way."

We arrived to her house at the same complex and she knocked on a door. A man came to the door and she began to speak.

"You got the key from my momma?" She asked.

"Yeah Cynn."

"Can you open the door?" She asked in a 'duh' tone.

He walked to the door across the hall and opened it for us. She began to pull out bags and pack suitcases. After she was done, she had two small suitcases packed and one large one. She had her toys in a bag and a shoes in a different one. I rolled her large suitcase and carried the bags of toys and shoes for her until we reached my house.

"What we gone do is, I'mma move all my stuff to the other room and you gone sleep in mine."

"Okay."

It didn't take me long to finish moving my clothes 'cause most of them were already in there and in the closet. Once I finished I began to help her unpack and organize. We hung up her shirts, skirts, and dresses and put her shorts and pants in the drawers.

I went over to Ms. Gladys's house to get the twins. She ended up going grocery shopping and gave me about a million a two bags, it was alot of food. I carried the bags and she carried the twins back to my place.

"Thank you so much." I said as we walked into my house. I sat the bags on my counter and took the twins out. As Ms. Gladys left, Anthony was calling me.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Where you at?"

"My house. Why?"

"I'm coming over." He said.

"Why it sound like you been crying?"

"Cause I have."

"Why?" I asked.

"Cause my baby momma died and they was like some girl took my daughter and I don't know who it is." He stated. Did I have his kid?

"Her name Cynniah?"

"You got my baby?" He asked. I laughed 'cause it sound like he lit up.

"Yeah."

"I'm on my way."

He hung up the phone and I finished putting up the groceries. I cooled out and watched Cynniah play with the twins until Anthony arrived.

•••••••••••••••••••••••

Three chapters left. Y'all ready for it to end?