Chapter Seventeen

Alenna Riddle Ch.17

Today was the end of year feast. The Great hall was decorated in Green and Silver, because the Slytherins won the house cup. An involuntary shiver went down my spine as I remembered my father's pet snake, I never knew what happened to that blasted thing.
Dumbledore stepped up to his podium and gave his speech.
"Another wonderful year gone, we learned a lot this year and now we have all of summer to forget all of it. Now please join me in singing Hogwarts school anthem at any time you please." The old wizard raised his wand and words appeared. I sing the anthem to a children's song speed.
"Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy Warty Hogwarts,
Teach us something please,
Whether we be old and bald,
Or young with scabby knees,
Our heads could do with filling,
With some interesting stuff,
For now they're bare and full of air,
Dead flies and bits of fluff,
So teach us things worth knowing,
Bring back what we've forgot,
Just do your best, we'll do the rest,
And learn until our brains all rot."

"Music the magic beyond all we do here, well I guess the house cup needs giving I say. In fourth place, Hufflepuff with 325 points, in third Ravenclaw, with 375 points, second Gryffindor with 396 points, and in first winning the house cup is Slytherin with 415 points. Now eat up." The Slytherins cheered, and the Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws clapped respectfully as the Gryffindors just sulked and sighed disappointingly.

The next morning we all gathered our luggage and all the students gathered at the black lake to watch as the seventh years left Hogwarts the way they arrived there first year, kind of like a send off. We then rode the carriages to the train. There was a boney black winged horse pulling the carriages.
"What are you staring at Ally?" Percy asked me.
"The black horse pulling the carriage."
"Nothing's pulling the carriages."
"Yea there is, here." I grabbed a quill out of my bag and set it on the horses back.
"How is it doing that?" Hadley asked.
"Somehow there is a horse that I can see and you can't." I sighed.
"That's impossible." Hadley exclaimed.
"How 'bout we ask Charlie when we get on the train?"
"Sounds good to me." Percy said.

We found an empty compartment and put away our luggage. Charlie popped his head in.
"Hello." He said.
"Hi, Charlie." I said.
"Is there some kind of horse that only some people can see?" Oliver asked.
"Yea I mean there's only one, a thestral they pull the carriages. I can't see them, only people who have seen death can." He waved goodbye and headed to his own compartment. My friends eyed me wearily.
"What?" I asked.
"Who'd you see die?" They asked.
"Lots of people." I sighed.
"Doesn't it have to be a death close to you?" Oliver asked
"I don't know." I shrugged being brought back to the memories of when I was with my father. I pushed the memories aside.
"Can we not talk about this anymore?" I asked looking out of the window as Hogwarts got farther and farther in the distance.
"Yea."
We spent the rest of the ride, joking and teasing. We promised each other we'd write and possibly visit. When we got off the train, I hugged my friends goodbye. I was then crushed in a twin sandwich.
"We had to-"
"Endure her-"
"Without you" the twins cried.
"Oh lighten up would you I only just got back." I shoved them off me. They gave their lopsided smirks.
"Ally!" Ginny greeted.
"Hello short stuff!" I said giving her a hug.
"I missed you." She whispered in my ear.
"Missed you too love." I whispered back. She laughed and went to hug her older brothers.
"Well since I greeted everybody" I exclaimed. I heard a huff, from a small seven year old.
"Come here munch, you couldn't have believed I'd forgotten you could you?" I gasped." I missed you most of all."
He laughed and he smiled brightly. He got excited when I snuck him a chocolate frog.
I gave Molly and Arthur a hug as well.
Then we set off to their house in their magic car. It fit all of us comfortably. When we got to their house, I flooed home after saying my goodbyes. I ran up to Arabella and gave her a hug.
"I missed you." She said hugging me tighter.
"Same here."