Chapter Six

Alenna Riddle Ch.6

I jumped at the feeling of ice cold water being dumped on my head. I screamed and threw the covers off of my bed and throttled my self out of the now soaked bed. I tripped over four laughing red headed demons.
"Good morning Ally." The twins croaked out between their laughter.
"Happy Birthday!" They chorused.
Charlie now being 14 picked me up. He carried me downstairs where I saw a big breakfast, and the rest of the Weasleys, Ms.Figg and all her cats. Streamers flew out of the end of Mr.Weasley's wand. Charlie put me down and I ran soaking wet to the group of people and gave them all hugs, all except Ron.
"I don't get one?" He said cheekily.
"Only if you eat a spider." I said and crossed my arms.
"I'll live with out the hug." He said
"Come here munchkin." I sighed, and gave Ron a hug.
"Alright Alenna time for breakfast then you can open your presents, and play." Ms.Figgs said.
I sat down at the table and saw that Mrs.Weasley had made French Toast and bacon.
"You didn't have to-"
"I wanted to Alenna now eat up." Mrs.Weasley said firmly.
"Yes ma'am." I said, as I saluted her playfully and then began eating as everyone else did.
When we were in the middle of eating a tap came from the window. I jumped startled by the sudden disruption. Mr and Mrs. Weasley smiled, and Ms.Figgs went to check out the noise. A large barn owl flew towards me with a letter and out stuck it's foot impatiently. When I looked at the out side of the envelope I choked on my price of bacon that I was eating. Thankfully Bill hit me in the back helping me clear my throat. How could I have forgotten,my eleventh birthday, the one where I get my letter, the one to go to Hoggwarts. It was finally my turn!!
Well mine and Percy's but he doesn't get his till August my birthday is the 7th of June.

I read the outside of the envelope:
To Ms. A. Riddle
First bedroom on the left
8 Privet Drive
Little Whinging
Surrey

When I turned it around and saw the Hogwarts coat of arms and the seal. I quickly broke the seal and pulled out the letter inside.

Dear Ms. Riddle,
We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted into Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of required coarse books and equipment.
Term begins on September 1st. We await your owl by no later that July 31st.
Yours Sincerely,
Deputy Headmistress
Minerva McGonagall.
I looked on the other page and saw my course books and equipment:

Uniform-
First-year students will require:
Three sets of plain work robes (black)
One plain Pointed hat (black) for day wear
One pair of protective gloves (Dragon hide or similar)
One winter coat (Black, silver fastenings)
Please note that all pupils' clothes should carry name tags

Course books-
All students should have a copy of each of the following:
The standard book of spells (Grade 1)
By Miranda Goshawk
A History of Magic
by Bathilda Bagshot
Magical theory
by Adalbert Waffling
A beginners guide to Transfiguration
by Emeric Switch
One thousand magical herbs and fungi
by Phyllida Spore
Magical Draughts and potions
by Arsenius Jigger
Fantastic beasts and where to find them
by Newt Scamander
The Dark Forces: A Guide to self-protection
by Quentin Trimble

Other equipment-
1 wand
1 cauldron (pewter, Standard
size 2)
1 set of glass or crystal phials
1 telescope
1 set brass scales

Students may also bring an owl OR a cat OR a toad.

PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST YEARS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO THEIR OWN BROOMSTICKS.

"Alenna?" Fred and George said swooping their hands in front of my face.
"it's my Hogwarts letter." I said.
The twins gapped, along with Ron and Ginny.
"Your going to leave us here Ally?" Fred said hugging me.
"No one to protect us from Mum?" George joined in turning it into and Ally Sandwich.
"Guys I'm not leaving yet. I've got all summer to deal with you two, and get you back for this morning!" I said and smiled at them.
"YAYYYYY, wait a minute, why are going to get us back it was Charlie's idea???" They said simultaneously. I turned to Charlie and he gulped nervously.
"I'll get him too." I said calmly going back to my breakfast. When we were all finished we gathered in the sitting room for presents.
Fred and George sat on either side of me as I opened the first gift, from Mrs.Weasley. She had made me a lot of brownies and had given me a knitted scarf with my name snitched into it.
"Thank you." I said getting up and giving her and Mr.Weasley a hug.
"It was nothing dear." She said kissing my forehead.
I opened the next present which was a card. It said Happy birtday Aly. It was from Ginny and some words were spelt wrong but it had beautiful pictures. It had me and her and balloons and cake drawn on.
"Thank you Ginny I love it." I said picking her up of the floor. She smiled with pride.
"Welcome Ally." She said.
I put her in one of the twins lap. I then grabbed the one from Bill and Charlie.
Bill- chocolate frogs, Berties Botts ever flavored beans, sugar quills, and a chocolate wand.
Charlie-got me a journal, a book of mythical creatures, and a eagle feather quill.
When I opened Fred and George's, I got blasted with smoke. When I finished coughing. Everyone was staring at me weird and the twins were laughing. The boys pulled a mirror out of the box and showed me. My hair was now Weasley Red.
"Thanks boys now I really feel apart of the family." I said bringing them into a bone crushing hug.
Ron was reaching for my candy. I slapped his hand away.
"That's not yours munchkin." I said using the nickname I gave him. I laughed and picked him up. He handed me a card and I saw it was similar to Ginny's but was neater and was me and Ron.
"Thanks munch." I said ruffling his hair.
Percy gave me a giant history book. And a pack of good quills.
"Alenna I have a gift for you." Ms.Figgs said to me.
"You didn't have to get me anything, you've already done too much for me."
"It will make your stay at Hogwarts more enjoyable." She walked to her office and pulled out a cage. Inside stood a handsome gray owl with icy blue eyes.
"He's beautiful." I said practically running up to the cage. I gave Ms.Figgs a hug and took the cage.
The owl pecked my finger affectionately.
"What's his name dear?" Mrs.Weasley asked.
"Umm... No Idea."
"Well think about it."
"No, I think munchkin over there can name him for me." I said setting the cage in front of Ron.
"Munch!" He cried.
"You want me to name him after you?" I asked.
"Yea." I laughed and Ruffles his hair.
"Alright his name is Munch."I said. I took the bird out of his cage and put him on Ron's Head.
"Ally get him off!" He whined.
"Put him on me!" Ginny said. I moved the bird from munchkin to Ginny's head.
"Pretty owl." She said running her hand threw his feathers.
That was the best birthday ever!