Chapter Nineteen

"I am spazzing out right now!" Aliyah exclaimed as she slammed my locker door on the back of my head.

The holister sweater I had on was keeping me warm in the frigid school hallway. I was so warm that when I went to get the books I needed for my seventh period class, that I ended falling asleep. My school is so messed up that besides the couple sucking their faces off each other and the conmen selling stuff they got off of Ebay, I don't think anyone noticed me.

"Ouch, that hurt a lot." I said closing the locker to face Aliyah. She had on a baggey shirt with an infinity sign on it, jeans and black ankle boots.

"Sorry, I just have something important to tell you." Aliyah said, cheerier than ever. She took a deep breath,"Brandon asked me to winter dance!"

"Brandon? The cute school newspaper editor Brandon?" I asked her, putting my bag on my shoulder.

"The Brandon that I've had a crush on since we started school, yea that one!" Aliyah exclaimed jumping up and down.

Aliyah was probably the only one of us who moved on faster than all of us. I was surprised that she had forgotten about what she had with Jeremy. It only made me feel like more of a loser waiting for Jake. Maybe it was finally time to let go and move on. It was time to face facts and just forget about Jake.

"I'm so happy for you this is great." I said to Aliyah with some ethusiasim in my voice.

"Yea and I was thinking that you, Sienna, and I could ride in the same limo there too with our dates." Aliyah said.

"Uh I don't have a date." I said, im utterly complete obliviousness.

"Not for long, you won't. Check it." Aliyah said.

Her eyes narrowed to the jocks corner. I followed them and saw Derek talking to them. He was wearing the varcity jacket for our school's football team. His aubern hair was brushed messly. He was looking my way, smiling. Oh god, no. He finally left from talking to the jocks and walked over to me.

"Hey Rose, what's up." He said when he approached me.

I sank back into my locker, act cool. Play hard to get, but I don't want to be gotton. Did I? Sienna and Aliyah did have a point, I may never see Jake again. Time to move on I guess.

"Hey." I squeaked.

"You know the winter dance is coming up? Do you have a date?" He asked moving closer to me.

I hesitated to answer. Saying no would make me look like a loner. Saying yes would be like regection.

"I don't know. Do you?"

"I'm trying to score one right now." Derek answered. I chuckled. His flirting abilities are so over used. I'm pretty sure he uses them on every girl.

"Well then, you should hurry up before someone takes a shot." I said. That was corney. I hate flirting.

Derek smirked,"Rose, would you go with me to the winter dance?"

I froze, this is what you worked for. It's finally time to decide if you're over Jake, Rose. One answer would change it all...

"Yes."