Chapter Twelve

"So you guys are going on a date of some sort?" Siarra asked me from across the room. I was in the bathroom flat ironing my hair for the campfire.

"It's not a date," I lied. "It's just two old friends catching up." I put a black head band on my head. I twirled around the bathroom to see if the outfit I had on was pretty enough. I had on a blue summer dress that had black stripe print to it.

"Just make sure you don't catch up with your mouths sucking on each other." Aliyah said, making her voice low so I couldn't hear her. I ignored her. One thing I knew for sure, I would not be kissing Kellan tonight. The last time we did, it ended in us never talking for the whole school year.

Siarra, Aliyah and I ended up getting to the campfire fashionably late. When we got there, there were groups sitting around their own campfires. You clearly identify each clique. I looked around for Kellan and immediately found him sitting around a fire with a group of guys.

"C'mon, your coming with me." I said pulling Aliyah by her arm.

"Me! Why me!" Aliyah yelled trying to fight me back.

I glared at her and whispered,"Because I don't want to go alone and because you know how Siarra gets around beer and it's clear they have some." Aliyah sighed and followed me as I asked her to.

"Hey." I said to Kellan as I sat down next to him. Aliyah sat next to talking to a kid with black hair and a blonde streak in it.

"Hey, you came." Kellan said. "Guys!" Kellan said aloud so the guys surrounding the fire could bring their attention to him.

They all looked at him,"This is Rose."

"Oh so this is the beautiful Rose we've been hearing about nonstop from Kellan." One of the guys with luscious brown hair and a jean shirt said. He pulled my hand and kissed it,"I am pleased to make your acquaintance."

I could feel my cheeks getting red as he released his hold from my hand. "Rose this is Jake." Kellan said biting down on his teeth. Was Jake really making him jealous?

"Ok Jake that's enough, you've got Kellan mad enough." The boy sitting next to Aliyah said.

He turned to me,"Hi, I'm Jeremy, lead drummer and the father of the band." "Jake here is the jerk of the band, Kellan is the womanizer and---um guys where's Blaine?"

Suddenly we all heard yelling from the other campfires,"WOAH YEAH LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU ALL" A young man with black hair and a t-shirt that said Keep Calm And Party shouted.

"Found him." Jake said looking at the guy.

"Oh god let me go get him before he gets a hold of more liquor." Jeremy said getting up and walking towards the guy.

Kellan tapped my arm,"Hey let's get out of here." I looked at him with uncertainty. That whole sentence sounded a bit off. Kellan was surprising acting sweet and part of me liked it, but the other part was being bit of a skeptic. I got up anyways and followed him into the woods.

"Oh my god you guys really did that?" I asked laughing.

"Yea, I mean one night in jail was totally worth having to climb up a moving Ferris wheel to get missing back stage passes to a Foster The People concert." Kellan answered.

"I bet it was, did you guys get mug shots too?" I asked.

"Yup, I have my framed above my bed. It's my priced possession." Kellan joked.

I laughed,"Wow, I've missed a lot these past months."

Kellan walked closer to me and placed his hands on my hips,"You have, I miss you Rose. I miss us together like this."

I wrapped my hands around in his,"I miss this too." My heart began to beat in my chest quickly. I had never really been this close to Kellan, except when we were stuck in the locker that time. His hands were so warm against mine. I could feel my body getting hot. I placed my hands on Kellan's neck.

He laughed,"Your hands are cold again."

I smiled,"Sorry."

"It's ok, let me make them warm." He said and with that, he touched my lips with his.

I pulled away after 3 minutes of kissing Kellan,"Um, I should probably head back to the campfire. I promised Aliyah I wouldn't leave her alone for too long.

"Right. I should walk you back." Kellan said.

I started to walk in front of Kellan, a bit faster than him. We already,weren't talking after kissing. This may be a creepy superstition of mine, but if you conversate after a major kissing session, then your relationship defiantly won't work out.

I turned around and Kellan stopped abruptly. I walked over next to him and grabbed his hand.

"Um, can you tell me more of your wacky band adventures while we walk back to the campfire?" I asked Kellan, while blushing intensely.

Kellan chuckled,"Sure."