Chapter Six

The next couple of days before the party, was really weird. Kellan and I talked a lot. He even asked for my number. I didn't tell Siarra about that, but she caught on. Kellan would usually sit with us at lunch and we would talk about what we texted each other the night before. She was angry with me, but I couldn't do anything about it. Kellan and I just had a lot in common.

It was the day before the party and my mind was in a rush. It was going to be my first time actually going and interacting at a high school party. I was nervous. What if I make a complete idiot of myself? What if someone tries to make me drink? I really wasn't a drinker, at all. Who likes waking up with a hangover, not me.

"Ok and our last order of business." I said to my fellow Celibacy club members. I memorized all the faces since freshman year. I'm a junior. We all were except Mandie. She was a sixth grader and a stuck up one too. She tries to be like my sister only more stereotypical. I don't even know why she was in this club. The rest of us were forced to do this because we are the "saints" of our family. I could care less.

"Kellan Scott." Mandie said.

"What about him?" Jo, the freakish one in the group asked. We call her freakish because she is very confused about her love life and fashion style. She didn't know if she liked girls, boys, teachers, parents, or younger girls and guys. She liked all of them, which really scared us. Her fashion sense is really wacky. One day she's Gothic, the next day she was school girl cos play. Today, she was a rocker. Her pierced lip and raging clothes says it all. She's Chinese and Japanese mixed.

"Still mad that he rejected you." Aliyah said. She was the weirdo of the group. She had dark skin and her hair was always in a bun. She was dating this basketball player from another school which was hard to believe that someone like that could get with her. She was addicted to anime. She also has a bad way of choosing books to read. She read a chapter of 50 shades of Grey in 6th grade...enough said.

"At least he actually spoke to me." Mandie argued.

"He texts Rose. Where does that leave you?" Jo said. They didn't like Mandie either. I just wished she hadn't used that as her argument.

Mandie turned to me and her face was really red. Then she turned back to Jo.

"Looks like we are going to have to find a new leader." She said with a perky smile.

"What?" The three of us asked in unison.

"What, you think he's friends with you because he likes you. Not a chance in hell. He's just leading you into the bed with him." Mandie said taking a seat next Jo and staring me in the soul. Her brown eyes and Blond hair speller evil with her baby-face.

Her words stung me, though. What if she was right? What if Kellan was leading me on? Well, I definitely wasn't going to fall for it. What sucks was that I actually did doubt Kellan a bit.

The bell rang and I grabbed my messenger bag. I rushed out of the classroom. My head was in a daze and I couldn't think straight anymore. Suddenly, someone tickled my sides. It Kellan. He walked beside me and kept his hand on my waist. Why was he doing that?

"Hey." He said.

"Oh hi." I said softly.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Nothing, its nothing really." I lied.

"C'mon seriously, what's up." He said.

I sighed,"Are you just friends with me so you can get into my pants?"

Kellan laughed,"Are you serious?"

I drifted off and gently took his hand off of my hip. My eyes started to well up with tears which was odd. Why were my feelings so strong for him?

"You are serious." He said, his smile disappeared. "Rose, I'm not trying to trying to get into your pants. I'm into you really, your a cool girl and your different from the others."

That made me relieved a bit. However, Mandie's words still stung in my head. What if he was just saying this? I looked Kellan in the eyes. He looked serious and truthful, the most I've ever seen him. I smiled and brushed off Mandie's words.

"So I'm pretty sure my sister already invited you to her party tomorrow." I said to him.

"Yea she did." Kellan said.

"Good. Maybe you could meet up with me some point at the party and we could just hang out." I said trying to make a date of some kind.

"If this is a date of somewhat then I'm in." Kellan said.

"Cool." I said. I grabbed his hand and kissed him on the cheek which to my surprise, shocked him. "I'll see you there."

I paced back and forth in my room. I checked my IPhone 5 for any new messages from Siarra. Nothing. It was two hours before the party and she still hadn't made it to my house to give me my dress and she wasn't answering my calls. Just great, I thought. I'm already worried up getting my reputation up and now I have to make sure I don't look like a loser in front of everyone, including Kellan.

I went to my bathroom and decided to do my hair while I waited for Siarra. I curled my wavy hair and braided a water fall. I layed down on my bed and did some of my homework for time to go by. I looked my phone, one more hour. I took a deep breath and tried not to cry. I was going to have to pull out something from my own closet. I put on a black halter dress with gold to beige colored gems bedazzled to the chest part.I put on a headband with a flower and some beige stiletto heels. I put my Yang necklace on and looked in the mirror. In my opinion, I didn't look half bad.