Chapter Nine

"It's raining like crazy out there." Kellan said as he drove. We had been driving for an hour now. I knew he was going to wind up taking me back home anyways. Taking me to his place might have given him the temptation to sleep with me. I didn't really give a damn.

"My head is killing me." I said, basically ignoring what he just said. "The fumes from the beer Siarra threw at me is making me feel sick."

"I'm guessing you're new to liquor." Kellan said smirking.

"Yea." I said banging my head against the window. "Oww." I whined cradling my head.

Kellan laughed. I laughed with him. We laughed for a while and the car started to feel warmer than before. I noticed the music playing from the radio got lower. I leaned over to the radio and placed my hand over the knob. Before I could turn up volume, Kellan placed his hand over mine.

The heat from his hand rushed through my body and I could feel my face getting hot. "Wh-" I began.

Kellan stopped driving,"Um the rain, its uh getting a little bit heavier. We should wait here until it settles." He moved his hand

"Right." I said. I cleared my throat and took off Kellan's Jean jacket. It had got surprisingly warm in the car and I was already feeling hot from the beer.

Kellan slouched back in his seat,"So, if you don't mind me asking, what is the deal with you and your sister?"

"We actually use to be close, like every twin should be," I began,"Then middle school hit and everyone's bodies were changing, their minds, persepctives, popularity statuses. Of course, I veered off to the kids that read books or were just different, Audrey thought of friends in a different way than I did basically."

  "So how did how did you end up friends with Siarra?" Kellan asked.

  "We both had a common interest: taking my sister down from her popularity pyramid." I answered. I wasn't going to lie, things would be way better if Audrey wasn't popular anymore. She'd be the person she use to be, at least I hoped she would.

 Kellan sighed,"Wow."

 "Yup." "After tonight though, I pretty sure Siarra going to want to slaughter me or just make me disappear." I said slouching down in my seat.

  "Sorry about that...you know my looks can be dangerous." Kellan said smirking sarcastically. I laughed and he laughed with me. 

  Suddenly, I heard a familiar song come on the radio and I jumped up. "I love this song." I exclaimed. I immediately turned the volume up and began singing the song "Young and Beautiful," by Lana Del Rey. I looked outside the car window and sang as the rain drops rolled down the window. The wind pushed past the trees like the waves would fall onto the sand on a midsummer night. I could feel the car getting warm and I then realized that the car heater wasn't even on. I turned to see Kellan staring at me as I sung. We moved closer til our noses touched. He placed his hand on my bare neck. Then the song ended and our lips touched.

    I got home at around 3am last night. The rest of the ride home was pretty quiet. I don't think Kellan or I was exspecting us to kiss. It was just the heat of the moment right? I mean c'mon we were two people in a car in the middle of the rain. How were we not suppose to kiss? I got a little scared after we kissed. I wasn't sure if it  was good. I thought it was good, but did Kellan think so too? He was completely quiet afterwards. I'm in for total disaster, aren't I? 

   When I got to school the next day, everything was awkward. As soon as I walked over to my locker, everyone in the halls started applauding. My little blowout with Siarra must've went viral throughout the school. No one really liked Siarra's attitude last night, so I guess I am the hero in all of this. Just then, as I slammed my locker door, Aliyah ran up to it. She was wearing a black t shirt with galaxy leggings. She also had her Ipad in her left hand.

  "We're screwed." She said to me.

 "What? How?" I asked, confused.

  "Run." She said, dramatically.

 Before I could ask anything, Mandie stomped up to my locker with her face blaring red. Goddammit, what does she want! She had on a prep uniform on and her hair was tied up into a bun.

  "What do you have to say for yourself? Your little arguement got our club banned and now we have to choose a new club, principal's orders." Mandie scolded.

 "That doesn't exactly sound like a punishment, even you can agree, our club was the worse one here. I think even the chess club was better than us." I said.

  "That's not the point! Do you not understand what is going to happen to us now that we are not in the Celibacy club?" Mandie asked, straining her voice, trying not to make a scene.

 Aliyah and I exchanged confused glances. "We're going to have to participate in service events!" Mandie exclaimed.

  "Oh that's right, since our club was the most financed, we didn't have to participate in any charity events." Aliyah said.

 "I see no problem with that. A new club equals helping other and new experiences, maybe you should consider it Mandie." I said giving her a fake grin and then walking away to my first period class.