Chapter Eight

"Wow, I'm freezing." I said as Kellan and I walked to his car. So going to the beach at 12am is a bad in the end. I still had fun though. It was totally worth it.

"Here." Kellan said putting his Jean jacket around. That was probably the only warm and dry thing he had. Bringing extra clothes would've been a good idea. I smiled at his kindness. It was the most I've ever seen him.

My phone buzzed. I looked at it. It was an incoming call from Siarra. I ignored it. She was probably going to brag about the party and I didn't have time to hear it.

"I should probably get u back to that party." Kellan said.

"Ugh fine." I said putting on Kellan's jacket. It really warm and smelled awesome. "I had a fun time." I said.

"I guess you could say that counted as our some what first date." Kellan said.

"Or just two close friends hanging out together." I said, biting my lip. Was that too heart breaking to say? Was it a date? It kind of felt like one. Was I even ready to start dating?

"Right." Kellan said, sounding a bit disappointed.

"I'm sorry Kellan. I just want to take things slow, I'm new to this and I just want to take baby steps, I-" I began rambling.

"It's okay, I understand. Besides, I like taking things slow. It's different." Kellan said.

Different. Whenever I heard Kellan say that, it made me confused. I never knew if he was happy with things being "different" or if he was bored out of his mind. I felt like such a wuss. Who wouldn't want to start dating Kellan? If any girl had that chance they would've took the risk. Should I take the risk?

My phone buzzed again as I stepped inside Kellan's jeep. I looked at the caller ID again. It was Siarra again. What could she possibly want so bad? I was not at the party so she should be enjoying herself. My phone buzzed again, a text message from Siarra.

Siarra- Answer Me! I wnt 2 talk, fix thngs. I hated her text slang. Was it so hard to write the word out?

Me- I'm on my way back to the party. We can talk then. What could she possibly want to talk about? She already hurt my feelings once.

Kellan and I pulled up to my house. Some of the people that were part of the party was on the lawn. There were beer cups and tissue on the floor. I was surprised to see that so much had happened since I'd left. Glad I wasn't there when it all happened. Just then, Siarra walked out of my house with a beer cup in her hand. Probably her seventh, I thought. I got out of Kellan's car.

I walked up to her,"You said you wanted to talk?" 

 "Oh yea I want to talk." Siarra said. She sounded drunk, great.

"Shouldn't we talk some where private?" I asked her. 

 "No here is perfectly fine." She said. She cleared her throat,"Rose Manson you are the slutest person I ever met in my life." She raised her voice.

My jaw dropped. What was she doing? Everyone looked at us. People even came outside of the house to watch.

"You think your cool because you hang out with me and you think your hot because Kellan "likes" you." Siarra continued.

"That is not true." I said, my voice breaking.

"No one likes you. He doesn't like you he just wants to experience something new. I don't like you, I just feel sorry for you. Frick, your sister doesn't even like you." Siarra said.

"Shut up Siarra." I said, tears flowing down my cheeks.

"You know what I will shut up. I might get AIDS if I keep talking to you." Siarra said. She turned around and began walking back to the house.

"I could say the same for you." I shouted at her.

Siarra stopped in her tracks,"What did you say?" 

 "You've been with every guy in the school you're probably the cure for all types of STDS." I said.

Everyone oohed. Siarra walked up to me. She gave me the death stare and then threw her drink at me. The beer flowed through my clothes and some even went in my mouth. It was gross. My anger was boiling up. Siarra smirked. Everyone laughed. I boiled up. Kellan came out of his jeep and walked over to me. He tried to pull me away from Siarra, but I shrugged him off. I slapped Siarra across the face.

"You are the worst friend in the world, your boobs are fake and your attitude is disgusting. I hate you." I yelled.

Siarra slapped me back,"You are a bitch."

I pushed her to the floor,"You're the biggest one in the school." 

 I walked to Kellan's car and sat down. I started to cry. Kellan tried to comfort me, but I wasn't going for it. He started the ignition and began to drive away.

"Rose I-" Kellan began.

"Can I stay with you tonight? I don't want to go back there." I cried.

"Sure." Kellan answered softly.