Chapter Sixteen

"So you didn't tell him how you feel?" Jake asked me. It was the morning after I had told Kellan that I was ok with him becoming a celebrity...I wasn't. I just have this fear that if he becomes famous than his fandom will expand and I will be old news. I met up with Jake the same time we had met yesterday by the lake. This time he bought breakfast.

"He just seemed so happy about it, I didn't know what to do." I said. I took an orange and started to peel off the skin. No one was up at the time I left, but I knew that Audrey probably heard me leave the cabin. She probably thinks I'm cheating on Kellan. Then again, she thinks that Kellan and I won't last in a relationship.

"I thought it was like relationship 101 to tell each other how you feel." Jake said finishing a strawberry. He had on a blue polo shirt with beige khakis. I had on a baggey burgundy top with shorts and my black vans. My yang necklace kept shaking against my neck as I struggled to peel the skin off the orange. Jake finally took it from me and peeled the skin off easily.

"Well isn't it band 101 to tell your band members that you don't want to sign a record deal?" I asked him. He still hadn't voted on what to do with the record deal.

He moved closer to me and handed me the orange,"Those are two different situations."

I shrugged my shoulders. Our shoulders touched and it sent an immediate shock to my body. A part of my body felt like us hanging out like this, but the other part never wanted this to end. I kept thinking about what Aliyah said at the party. I don't think Kellan and I were even going to get close to forever if he gets famous. Jake took an orange slice and began to laugh.

"What's so funny?" I asked him.

"Nothing, you just look so pretty when you're like that." Jake answered.

"Like what?" I said pushing a piece of hair out of my face.

"When you're in thought, you look beautiful." Jake said. I blushed hard. What is he doing? If Kellan heard him say that kind of stuff to me, he'd punch Jake in the face. I looked at Jake, his hazel eyes shined in the sunlight. Our body heat got warmer as he leaned closer to my face. I can't do this, I have a boyfriend. I can't be unfaithful..

I moved my head back,"Jake, I can't do this. I- I have to go." I picked up my denim jacket that was lying on the floor beside me and ran to my cabin.

Aliyah was still asleep when I got there. Audrey's bed was empty, great now I have less time to sneak into bed. She probably knew I was out though. I took my vans off and carried them to my bed. I sat down and dropped them beside my dangling feet. Jake almost kissed me! I almost freaking kissed Jake! And the sad part of this all is that I...

"Rose, are you there?" Audrey asked. She had her head poking out of the bathroom door. I sighed, she'd interrupted my thoughts thank god. She closed the door behind her and sat down at the corner of my bed. Her peach pajama dress fell at her waist.

"I'm sorry for what I said about you and Kellan yesterday. It was pretty messed up and I shouldn't have said it." Audrey apologized.

"It's ok." I responded. I knew it was only what her and the others were thinking, so there was no reason for me to be mad.

"I just, I don't want to end up like the rest of us. You're so much different from everyone else Rose and dating Kellan could possible take that away from you." Audrey said.

"I know." I said. She wasn't telling me somethimg I hadn't looked over a thousand times already.

"Just promise me you'll never change for him ok, for anyone." Audrey said, her voice straining a bit.

"I promise." I said subtly. This was her way of protecting me. Audrey and I have been through some really hard times in our relationship. I guess it was as equally hard for her to get use to the fact that we needed to be there for each other than it was for me. Still, I can't blame her for trying her hardest. After all, it was her actions that led us to hating each other.