Chapter One:

Valerie's Pov:

               If someone were to ask about me, they'd most likely hear the words weird, strange, interesting, or odd. I'm not sure why though, but maybe it has something to do with the fact I prefer drawing sketches of woman wearing different styles of clothing than actually talking to them? Then again, none of these people that are around me are friends of mine. I know everyone in this class and what not. I suppose you can say I'm friends with the two girls next to me. I just prefer... I have no idea what I'm saying. Still, I sit here in the loud room of horny teenage boys dying to see the apparent 'hot ass models' modeling off my clothes. Let's not forget the envious teenage girls who want to be them. Did I mention the so called friends that tagged along just to get the free goodie bag? They aren't even in this class.

                "Why are you drawing at a time like this Valley?" One of them asked me. I looked up from my book with a friendly smile though as I answered.

                "I don't know. When I get the thought of a nice outfit, I just have to draw it before it leaves my mind, that's all." I explained as I looked back down.

                "But don't you want to see them model off your designs?" One of the other girls named Tracy asked. I rolled my eyes as I offered another smile.

                "Yeah, but it's not starting for a few more minutes, so I think I'm okay for now." I said, not lifting my head from my work. The two continued to talk away about this and that, all of which bored the shit of me. I was the middle of finishing the girl's midsection I felt a strong sense of someone looking at me. I looked up to the stage area to see the girl I saw before, looking at me from a the curtain area. I smiled as I watched her close the curtain quickly, acting as if I hadn't seen her at all. As I finished my drawing I closed my sketch book, wrapping the skinny rope around it to keep it closed as I watched the show unfold.

                I'm not sure if I should even be proud of this though. I could have designed some of these dresses a little better than I did. You'd think getting my work showcased would make me happy, but sadly I'm more embarrassed than anything. They introduced me to so many people that I'm not all sure who I really met. Plus they just had me give a speech about what inspired me to create them. Pretty sure that didn't really go over as planned. Inspire to create? What the hell did that mean? I just drew whatever came to my mind? I'm not really the type of person that goes off things I see on television or magazine.

                "Oh shit! That girl is smoking hot!" I heard one of the boys say from behind me. I shook my head of the foggy thought and finally looked up at the runway. I smiled as I saw the girl from before. 'So, she was a model.' I thought to myself as her eyes were glued to me. She had on one of the few dresses I was actually happy to finish. It was a flowing gown of black that had abstract patterns that faded away into each other, starting another insane one. I watched her as she walked on. The look in her eye confused me though. She looked as though she didn't even like the job she was doing. I'm not sure if that's because of this show, or her actual career. She looked fairly young as well, but then again... I suppose ninety percent of all models are around my age or mid twenties... Was that her poker face? Or did she really not like it? I furrowed my brows as I watched her expression. For a moment, I saw her eyes glare at me, but the moment passed rather quickly as she turned around sharply. I couldn't help the smile that came to my lips.

                "Dude! Look at the ass on that one!" The boy cried again with a chuckle. I was annoyed now. I closed my eyes and smiled as I turned around. When I opened them I gave them a smile. "What?"

                "Why must you be so.... Disgusting?" I asked simply. The guy scrunched up his nose as his friends laughed at the red in his cheeks. "No, I'm serious. One of these days, you're going to fall madly in love with one of these girls, and they're just going to drop you like a rock. Then you'll see why how you act is atrocious to society. But of course..." I said as I tilted my head, "That's the simple life of a teenage boy, isn't it?" I asked with a toothy smile. The boy sat there with a rather angered face as he didn't bother to look at me. I smiled as I turned back around in my seat.