Chapter 11

5 months later

"Mom!" I yell across the room. She walks into the living room and puts both of her hands on her hips. She looks mad. 

"What?" she says. 

"Can you get me the remote?" I ask her. She gives me a mad face and walks away. So much for asking.  I hear the constant giggling from the office and get up to find Gus. I drag my Cannula with me and find Gus in the office. He is standing up and holding onto the edge of the desk for support. 

"What are you doing, stinker?" I say walking up to him. I kneel down and he looks at me showing his two front teeth. He looks so much like Augustus. Gus lets go of the desk and right as I go to pick him up he wobbles away. My mouth opens wide and I stand up grabbing my cannula. I grab my phone and take a picture of Gus right before he falls. I rush up to him. 

"Are you okay?" I ask him. He gives me a smile. "You sure are one strong fella!" I laugh. He wobbles into the living room where my mom spots him walking. 

"Hazel," I hear. I walk over to my mom where I find her wide eyed. 

"He's walking!" my Dad shouts from the kitchen. He runs into the living room and scares Gus, making him fall back. Gus hits his head on the table and immediately starts crying. I pick him up and rock him. 

"Nice one, Dad." I smirk. He looks at me with a worried face. My parents tend to overreact, I am surprised they didn't call the hosptital for this. 

"Is he okay? I'm sorry!" 

"Dad, he's fine." I say. He lets out a small smile and takes Gus from my arms. He tickles his stomach and Gus lets out his adorable laugh. I stand up and remember to put the photo in the scrapbook. I get my camera, import the photos, and print out the photos. I grab my scrapbook and glue the photo onto the page. I grab my pen and write on the page:

Gus walking at nine months!

First Gus started talking at six months and now he is walking at nine months. Who knows whether or not I will put a photo of Gus reading An Imperial Affliction for the first time. 

I can't believe it's been nine months since I had Augustus! I'm happy living the life I am living. Gus is my world and a memory sent from Augustus. 

The chapters have been so short and I am so sorry! I hope you liked this cheesy / cute chapter of Gus walking for the first time!