Chapter 2

"That right there is the head. You can see the facial features partially, if you look close." the doctor says while looking at a black and white sonogram screen.

I zone out yet continue looking at the screen so it at least looks like I am listening. My parents sit beside me and look at the screen in amazement. I am sure they are still upset though. Not many parents are happy if their daughter ends up pregnant as a teenager.

"Hazel, do you want to know the sex?" the doctor asks. He looks at me concerned, but I really don't care whether the baby is a boy or a girl.

"Uh, yeah." I reply breathing heavily. Carrying a baby is not easy for me. I already have to carry the weight of the cannula, and now a baby. I'm out of breath way to often.

"Well, if you look here," he says pointing to something I can't make out on the screen, "that is the gential area."

"It's a boy!" my dad says happily. He has a huge smile on his face, so does my mom. I don't. This is still depressing. I am carrying my dead boyfriend's baby. I am sure he would have been a great father to his little boy. Cancer can really mess shit up.

"Start thinking of names." my mom says. I look at her and give her a fake smile when I really want to cry right now.

I get home and sit on my bed. I breathe heavily due to being out of breath. I grab my notebook from my dresser drawer and start writing to Augustus.  

Gus-

Just went to my first ultra-sound and the baby is a boy. I need names... it sure will be hard because I don't have you here to agree on names. I had a good name if it was a girl, Anna, from our favorite book.  

I really wish I could see you one more time. I miss you, Gus. We all do. I still get tons of sympathy from other people. I don't even know some of them, so I'm guessing they're your friends.  

I'm sorry my letters have been short, I'm not exactly the best writer, and with all my hormones and mental breakdowns, it's harder. Pregnancy sucks especially at such a young age.  

I haven't forgotten about you, Augustus Waters. I love you.  

-yrs, 

Hazel Grace

I close the notebook slowly and set it back in the drawer. I feel the sharp pains in my stomach. This really sucks.

"Hazel?" my mom calls walking into my room.

"Do you ever knock?" I say rudely. My mom doesn't reply, I'm sure she knows my hormones are bad.

"Hazel... Isaac is here."

"Let him in."

Isaac walks in with his arm around my mom's. She walks him over to the edge of the bed and I sit up.

The door shuts and it's just Isaac and I.

"How's the pregnancy?" Isaac asks.

"It's just okay. Hurts, but it's fine." I say holding my fairly medium sized stomach.

"Give me your hand, Isaac." I say reaching out for his hand as he carelessly puts it in the air unknowingly to where I am.

I gently set his hand on my stomach and he holds it there a second, "how far along?"

"Six months." I say as Isaac reaches both hands for my stomach. I guid them onto my stomach and he holds them there, feeling the baby of Gus and I.

"I need a name for him." I say putting my hands over Isaac's hands.

"You don't have any favorite boy names?"

"I do," I say, "Augustus is."

"Naming him after the father. I like that. Augustus Waters Jr." Isaac says with his hands feeling the top of my stomach.

"I don't like the whole 'Jr.' part." I say. I really don't. I don't know why, but I just don't like having to add 'Sr.' to Augustus's grave.

"Wait," I say realizing something, "Augustus's gravestone doesn't say father."

"Well, he isn't a father yet." Isaac says letting his hands move around my stomach. I giggle a little at how interested he is in my stomach.

"Sorry, I tend to touch things longer than usual so I can get a visual in my head." Isaac says. He obviously heard my laugh.

"You've never seen a pregnant person?" I ask.

"No, I have. I've just never seen a pregnant Hazel Lancaster."

"Nor will I every see myself as a mother."

"You'll be a great mother, Hazel. Even though Gus won't be with you, he will still be a great father." Isaac says as he finally lets go of my stomach.

"Gus." I say.

"Gus? What about him?" Isaac asks confused.

"Gus Lancaster Waters."

"Are you saying you decided on a name?" Isaac asks as he feels around the bed to make sure he can lay down without falling off of it.

"I've decided on a name, Isaac." I say as he lays down on my bed with his hands on his chest.

"Gus Lancaster Waters. I like that." Isaac says. He mouths the name and smiles.

"You'll also be a great god father, Isaac." I say as mouth opens in shock.

"Thank you, Hazel." he says happily knowing of the fact he will be a god father of Augustus's baby.

Our.  

Our baby.

*End notes*

Okay so I've already gotten 4 reads. That's awesome because I just posted this story and I haven't even told any of my friends.

It would be great if you guys told other people about this. Other people as  

in readers of TFIOS.

Thanks, again(:

Another chapter will be out by next week.

-sorry it's short!!!