Bonus Chapter 3: Augustus and Hazel

I felt infinite. I felt like the world no longer had bad; there was only good. Nothing seemed to get in my way. Nobody was there to stop me. I was no longer living, but I felt fully alive.

"I missed you, Hazel Grace." said a beautiful guy with one leg and a cigarrette dangling from his lip. I waited so long to be able to hear those words again. I longed for him. I missed being able to hold him and have him with me. I am no longer waiting for him, because he is here with me. 

"Isn't it beautiful up here?" Augustus asked me. He had a big smile on his face and his cigarette was being held in between his teeth. I noticed that he still had one leg. He is in heaven, can't he have everything? My cannula was gone. I could finally breath on my own, yet he still chose to have one leg.

"I know what you're thinking," Augustus said. He answered my question that I had been holding back, "If I had two legs, I wouldn't be me. We wouldn't be us. Cancer kind of brought us together and I wouldn't want to get back something that really brought us together, other than Isaac."

I had nothing to say. I don't think I was able to talk yet. I still felt in shock. I felt the eternal happiness. I could watch over my son and be with the one I love. I can also be healthy. I don't need the help of a breathing tube to be able to function. I can finally be free.

"Gus," I managed to say. It kind of slipped out of my mouth, I wasn't exactly intending to say that.

"We are a family, Hazel Grace. Soon everyone will be up here with us." Augustus told me. He grabbed my hand and lead me somewhere.

"Welcome to Amsterdam!" Augustus said. I looked around and saw that we were on a bridge. There was a stream below us. The sky was bright blue and there was nobody here but us. We were together in such an important place to us.

"Amsterdam, the place where a 17-year-old virgin with one leg become a 17-year-old father with one leg." Augustus joked around.

"You sure did take your humor with you." I told him. It felt amazing to be able to talk to him. I didn't have to use my oxgyen and I don't have to worry about anything. 

"How about a picnic at the funky bones?" Augustus asked me. He smirked at me and we turned around in unison. There it was. The Funky Bones by Atelier Van Lieshout. Augustus took my hand and he guided me to a picnic blanket with Dutch sanwitches and tulips.

"We just went to Amsterdam. Are you playing our love story backwards?" I joked around. He smirked and we ate our Dutch sandwitches while we were surrounded in tulips.

"So I wrote an alternate ending to An Imperial Affliction. I used the help of Anna though." Augustus told me. He pulled out a notebook and we were both greeted by a small girl with dark hair and bright eyes. 

"Hi, I'm Anna."