The family

I know all too well what's going to happen know, I just waiting for the words to come out of their mouth.

"You are Angeliqe right" the women said and try to get me to look at her.
"I like you name" she continued to speak to me.
"How long have you been in foster care" she ask, I just sit and starring at the table.

I heard her sigh.

I looked up at her through my eyelashes, she looked at the man beside her.

"You do not say much," he said and looked at me, I still avoided looking at them.

"Nope" was the first thing I said to them and just look at the table.

"Angelique has not had the best of luck with the foster care placements" said Adele and I just shrugged my shoulders while they looked at me.

"Do you have anything against the name Angelique" the man said and looked at me.

"Yes," I said quietly and looked at my nails.

"Angelique, that's the name that appears in your file here," said Adele and look in my file again.

"Yes but I've told you a hundred times that my name is Jocelyn" I said and just stared in front of me while the couple in front of me looked at each other.

"Jocelyn, how long have you been here," the man said and looked at me.

"Since I was 11," I said and looked at them, while they looked at me with shocked the expression in their face.

"Why has not adopted you before," the woman said as she looked anxiously at her husband.

"My file," I said and turned away my face from them.

"Nobody wants me" I said and started to get up.

"But We really like to give you a Home" the man said and I turned around and stared at him, to determine if he lied to me or not, it was the first time I saw him. In his steelgray eyes, I saw the truth, they really wanted to giveme a chance.

"What's the catch" I immediately said, staring at him.
"There's no catch," he said and looked at me.

I stared at them, they really wanted to give me a chance, I saw how he stood up he was over 5 '9, I was immediately reminded of my uncle, who had been the last of my family who had left me, and the tears came I blinked hard that they would not fall.

"Hey, sweetie," said the woman and walked up to me and put her arm around me.

It was the first time since my father died, someone had hugged me.

I let her hold me.

"Thank you," I whispered as she took out a handkerchief.

"Everybody needs a hug sometimes," he said and put his hand on my shoulder.

"Alex, please, do not scare her now," the woman said as she helped me to dry my tears.

"Hannah, she will fit into our family," he said, looking at me.

"Do you have much to pack," said Hanna, who I now realized that the woman called.

"Quite a lot, actually, I have not expected to leave this place before I turn 21," I said and smiled at him.

"Come on let's go" Alex said, and opened the door and smiled at me.