The Pill

The white pill was in my hand. I hated them but it kept the fuckt-up voice quite.

They label me with a schizophrenia two weeks after I got in the foster care service's.

I swallow the pill with out water, water makes them taste worse. I feel the pill sliding down my throat.

I look around and see that it's adoption day, the worst day of the year.

I got in the system when I was 11 years old, my mom diseperd when I was 3 year old. My dad a small town cop got killed in the line of duty, they never find the killer.

For the first years I try really hard to get adopted. But ones they read my files it was impossible for them to even think about adopting me. Now I just take my pills and keep my head down and read.

I nod at Zeck, he's one of the foster care service's men, Zeck have been here since I got here.

"Any hope" I ask as I take my set.
"Yeah one family" Zeck said and looked at me.
"Have they read my files yet?" I ask as I make myself comfortable in the soffa and open my book.
"They are in there reading it now. Exusse me. I'm needed over there" Zeck tell me as a fight has broken out.

I shake my head why fight, that won't get you adopted faster, it made people think twice about adopting you. I see Adele my case worker stepping in the room. She is my three case worker, I see how she is searching for some one.

I duck behind my book knowing that it's not me she's looking for.

"There you are" I here her voice in front of me.
"Angeliqe" I look up and see her face staring at me.
"I been calling you name, in the speakers, and now you're ignoring me, have you been cheating on you medicine again" Adele said and start to emptying my pockets.
"No. I swear I took the pill just before I go here" I said to her, and she looks at me.
"That was 7 hours ago" she said and I look at the clock on the wall.

Seven hours my pills stop working after three hours, I been hearing that voice again, she told me not to take the pill. I look at Adele and take the box from her and swallow down my pill.

"That's better" she said and hold out a hand that I now so well.
"Yes ma'am," I said with a small voice.
"You have a family here too see you" Adele said with a smile, I just nodded and walked in to the room and sätt down.