Tonight

I opened my eyes and reached out blearily for my alarm. It was annoyingly loud this early, but I had set it because I wanted to get to the rink before everyone else. Cara had sat bolt upright in bed at the sound of the alarm. "Relax, just, just go to bed. I'm going to the rink," I mumbled.

"Why? Its so early. You just fell asleep again an hour ago," Cara replied in a similar state of coherency.

"What are you talking about?"

"You were screaming and wouldn't wake up, again," Claude said from beside me.

I jumped, startled by his presence and the fact that he knew what was going on. I shot Cara a dirty look, suddenly feeling more awake. I told her without saying a word that there was no reason to have called Claude, and her eyes read that she was sorry, but she didn't have any other choice. "Well, I'm fine. I'm sorry to have woken you up," I said, getting out of bed.

"There's no reason to be at the rink yet," Claude said.

"I just want to get a good start on the day," I replied.

"That doesn't make any sense," Cara said, "A good start would be sleeping in."

"Then go back to sleep, both of you. I'll be fine. I'll take a cab instead of walking and I'll get ready to help everyone," I told them, grabbing my game day clothes in the dark. Cara didn't need much convincing; she rolled over and was snoring seconds later.

Claude, however, did not like the idea of me going to the rink before six AM, especially since we didn't have ice time until ten. He didn't say anything, and I couldn't see him very well since it was dark, but I could feel his eyes on my shadowy figure as I moved about the room as I got ready. Before I left I came over to him and sat on his lap, "You know, you're going to have a hard time falling asleep now that you're up," I told him.

"I don't like you going alone this early. The city is dangerous."

"All cities are dangerous," I whispered back.

"They're going to be there, aren't they?"

I knew who he was referencing, "I don't know."

"But you were with them yesterday," it wasn't a question, but an accusation.

"Yes, just for lunch."

"Who went?"

"All of them," I knew that he was hoping that it wasn't just Sidney because he seemed to be having doubts again, and the fact that it hadn't just been Sidney probably eased his mind, though not by much.

"I hope you had a good time," he didn't sound sincere.

"Thanks. I'm going to get going. You need to get some more sleep. I'm sorry if I woke you up," that was for now and last night and Claude knew it.

"I just want you to be okay."

"I am okay," I kissed him then, soft, but firm, hoping to lay his fears to rest. He pulled me down with him and I giggled against his lips.

"Stay," he pecked me, once, twice, three times before he kissed me deeply, weaving his fingers into my hair. I kissed him back, letting myself get lost in him. Claude's hands roamed my body, tracing my curves and peeling back layers of clothing.

"We can't do this," I hissed.

"I want you," he protested.