Anniversary

Claude led me into the house, an excited grin on his face. He had said that he had something planned, but I had no idea what is was, hence the surprise. I was excited, too, my earlier fears forgotten; it had only been a dream.

"Do you remember when you first moved here?" Claude asked, sitting me down on the couch and bringing me a glass of wine. There were several white pillar candles burning on the table with rose petals scattered around them.

"It was August, five years ago and I was terrified," I replied.

"Why were you scared?" Claude sounded surprised even though I was pretty sure that he'd heard this story before.

"Because I was coming from Pittsburgh and all I knew about you guys was that your team was known as the Broad Street Bullies and that you have kept to that reputation. I was young and fresh out of college and from the wrong town. But I was determined to make a good impression and hold my own; I didn't want you to know I was scared."

"Is that why you wore a UPMC jacket to work the first few weeks?" Claude smirked.  

"Yeah," I blushed, flattered that he remembered. "I wanted to look like I didn't care about your reputation."

Claude leaned in and brushed my hair behind my ear before whispering, "I took that shirt off of you as soon as I got you alone." Goosebumps appeared on my skin and I shivered in anticipation; I knew where this was going. "I showed you how we treat our ladies here in Philly," Claude took the glass of wine from my hand and put it on the coffee table. He moved his lips to my neck and began kissing slowly downward. "Five years," he murmured against my skin before he sucked at it, leaving a mark. "It's been a little over five years since you came into my life and five years to the day that you've been mine."

"And you're mine," I whispered, pulling his face up to mine. Claude crashed his lips against mine and I tangled my fingers in his hair. He pulled me into his lap and held on to my waist. I rocked my hips against him and he moaned into my mouth. I smirked and Claude tugged on my bottom lip with his teeth causing me to pull his hair. He stood up and I wrapped my legs around his waist as he climbed the stairs. Claude set me on my feet and broke the kiss to show me what he had done with the place. "G," I breathed as I surveyed the room. The windows were blacked out and the room was lit with dozens of candles. There were more rose petals scattered on the dressers, bedside tables and the bed. It was very romantic and Claude looked at me hopefully.

"Do you like it?" He was nervous.

"I love it," I turned and wrapped my arms around his neck, pressing my lips to his.

He kissed me for a moment and then pulled back, leaning his forehead against mine, "Happy anniversary, baby."

Claude picked me up and carried me to the bed where he set me down and climbed on top of me. His fingers slid under the hem of my shirt as his lips kissed lower, leaving marks on my neck. I pulled at the collar of his shirt and Claude stood with a smirk. He reached up over his head to grab the back of it and teased me as he took it off. I bit my lip, admiring him from where I sat on the bed.

Claude flashed a devilishly handsome smirk and pulled me to my feet. The corners of my lips turned up, "Give me one second, G." I pulled my phone out of my pocket and bent over the stereo, giving Claude a gratuitous view of one of my assets. I heard him whistle and I chuckled softly to myself as I found the playlist I'd made for this occasion.

The song started playing and I turned around to face him. I grabbed the edges of my shirt and took my time pulling it up over my head. He stepped forward and reached behind me to unclasp my bra. His touch sent shivers up my spine. His brown eyes were focused on my blue and green ones. I found the waistband of his pants and I unbuttoned them with nimble fingers. Claude reciprocated the action and we were soon skin to skin. I could feel him pressed against my thigh and warmth blossomed in the pit of my stomach. Claude's lips met mine again and we fell together in a heated passion.