Joe

Hey so in this chapter things get alittle dark in terms of societies views, regrading sexual orientation. So I want to make it real ish like what someone might actually say if they were homophobic, but I couldn't. As a gay gal, I have experienced some homophobia in my life and it's been awful, trying to write a passage like that was too hard. So I am sorry if it doesn't seem super real.  

"Harold what are you doing here?" Mum says jumping up from the table. 

"I heard from an old friend that my only son was getting married to A BOY." He yells

He stumbles over to the table and places his hand on it. The transfer of his weight makes the table shake. I can smell the alcohol on his breath from where am sitting a couple seats down.

Why was he here? I hadn't seen him in years. By the time he left we were miserable, he would drink every night, he would yell at my Mum. Every day when Zoe and I would get home from school we would run into her room so we wouldn't have to deal with him, we would hide  under the sheets and watches movies and talk quietly until we fell asleep. We lived in fear for years.

I can't say anything, I can't move, why is he here. Caspar squeezes my hand for support.

"So is this the boy." My Dad say waving his hand in Caspars direction.

"Umm hello sir. I am Caspar Lee." Caspar says standing and extending his hand for my Father to shake.

"So it's your fault you turned my son gay!" He yells at Caspar.

"GET OUT!" I shout so loud it hurts my voice. I can't do this! Why is he here! He left so leave!

"Yes get out! This is a family dinner you aren't our family anymore." Zoe says standing and opening the door.

"Last I checked this wasn't your house." My Father says smirking at us.

"Well it's damn well not yours." Zoe says.

"Lilly," my father says looking at my Mum "We were married for years. You know you don't want Joe to marry this boy! So don't make me leave. We can't get through this together."

My Dad uses the tone he always uses when he wants to manipulate us, I was use to it and I think Zoe was too but it was harder for my Mum. She stares up at him and only sees the man she married not the one she divorced. He reaches towards her hand and she lets him wrap his fingers around it.

"Now," my Dad says returning his gaze to Caspar "Get out! And the rest of you! If you aren't my family leave now!"

The Mellets look terrified but no one more then Caspar, whose face has turned white. I squeeze his hand begging him not to leave.

"No." Caspar says quietly

"What did you say!" My Father yells hitting the table.

"I am not leaving my future husband with you." Caspar says louder but still not shouting like my Dad. 

"I am not leaving my son with you! I raised that boy I raised him right." He yells

" YOU DIDNT RAISE ME! MUM RAISED ME AND ZOE RAISED ME YOU LEFT YOU ASS HOLE!" I scream at him.

Suddenly his strong arms move as he flips the table over.