Caspar

I wake up cuddle up next to Joe on his couch. On the other side of Joe is Alfie. Alfie is still asleep his head is on Joe shoulder. Joe is already awake and is staring up at the ceiling. His eyes are red and puffy.

"Any news?" I whisper to Joe.

"Not that I know of." He says quietly.

His face looks like he has aged 10 years. He has big bags under his puffy eyes. I gently stroke his cheek with my hand.

"I am sure she is okay." I say.

I look at Joe how can this be happening. Less then 24 hours ago I was making out with some random girl. Now I am cuddling the man I love whose sister might be dying. I feel guilty just looking at his perfect face. You know what it meant nothing.

"Thank you for coming Caspie. I love you." Joe says and kisses the top of my head.

"Morning." Alfie says rolling away from Joe.

"Morning." Joe and I say.

"Well we should probably get going to hospital, my Mum already left." Joe says.

We pile into Joes car and drive to the hospital. I tell Joe and Alfie to go check on Zoe while I grab coffee for everyone. I feel if it is.. You know bad news.. I shouldn't be there when they get it. They should go through this together. I love Zoe but Joe and Alfie are like her family. As I walk back with the four coffees I hear a voice calling for me.

"Caspar?!" I turn around to see Troye and Connor walking towards me holding hands.

"Troye! Connor!" I say hugging them each in turn. "What are you guys doing here?"

"Well my Mum was working so we came in with her. And we brought food. We heard about Joe sister and thought you might need something." Troye says holding up a bag with lasagna.

"Oh thanks guys." I say.

"So how is Zoe?" Connor asks.

"I don't know I was just going to check. Do you want to come? We need to be respectful.. Just in case." I say.

"Okay." Tronnor says. As we walk Connor puts his arm around Troyes shoulder and Troye cuddles into Connor. It makes me miss Joe. I want things to go back to normal with us.

When we reach Zoe's room I gently push the door open. My heart is beating out of my chest. What if she's not there.

When I open the door I see Zoe sitting in her bed. She looks better then yesterday not great but better. She smiles weakly at me.

"Caspar!" She says in a croaky voice.

I go over to her bed and wrap her in a warm hug. She smells wonderful, you think she would smell like hospital, but she smells like cookies and vanilla.

"Zoe you look better?!" I say excitedly.

I walk over a lean against a wall, Joe comes over and wraps his arms around my torso. He kisses my cheek lovingly.

"I am feeling better Casp." Zoe says.

"Well you look amazing." Alfie says kissing Zoe's hand.

We spend the afternoon in Zoe's room. Zoe is still very sick but to be honest it is a nice afternoon with lots of cuddling. Joe sits on my lap on a chair near Zoe's bed. Zoe and Alf cuddle on her bed. Troye and Connor cuddle in a corner on the floor, Connors back against the wall, and Troye is cuddled up on his chest. Everyone just whispers to each other.

"I missed you Caspie." Joe whispers.

"I missed you too Jojo, I wish I could stay." I say.

"Well maybe you can!" Troyes voice startles me.

"What do you mean?" Joe says his voice so full of hope.

"Well you could maybe stay with me. It's only a couple of months till you and your sister move out on your own. Plus my family loves you." Troye says.

"Wait really?!" I say.

"Yeah of course Casp." Troye says.

I look at Joe and smile at him. He grins back at me.

"You won't have to leave." Joe whispers.Putting his hands in my hair.

"I could stay with you." I whisper.

Joe slowly leans in and kisses me. It's a short kiss since his sister is sitting right next to us. But for once it's not rushed. We aren't worried about being apart it doesn't feel like the last kiss we will ever have. It felt like a new start.