Joe

Joe
Another day another time running around trying to get my life together. I run around the room grabbing last minute things. I grab my phone of my desk and read a new text.

Joe Joe your sister isn't here to protect you anymore. No more protecting your little boyfriends. ~Connor

Dammit Dammit Dammit. I promised Troye I would protect him and Caspar. Well Caspar I guess he was ok. There was something about Caspar that made me want to protect him I wanted to help him. I don't know why.

"Joe! Alfie is here!" My Mum called.

I can't look at Alfie not today... Not ever again.

I run right past Alfie without straight out the door and on to the street. I wasn't going to ride with him today. Alfie got into his car and started driving along side me. He opened his window so he could speak to me.

"Joe come on.. Those kids they where well..."

"What gay! They where gay!" I say angry

"Joe if I didn't help I would lose all my friends..." Alfie says quietly.

"Well next it's gonna be me your beating up!" I say stopping in the middle of the road. This causes Alfie to stop in the middle of the road as well with his car.

"What do you mean Joe?" Alfie asked clearly concerned, but to me his concerned just seemed mocking.

"Don't acted like you don't know! The  text I got from Connor this morning, saying if I kept protecting Caspar and Troye he would beat me as well!" I yell at him.

How could he do this didn't he know we are just people. All we wanted was to be accepted and love who we want to.

"Joe get in the car!" Alfie says with a stern voice.

I look at him with a serious, his glare is scary and I am cold so I get his car. For a second we drive in silence until Alfie speaks up.

"Joe I do care about you. I know you think I don't. You remind me of Zoe and I miss her. I don't want you to get hurt Joe. You can't get hurt. Joe I can't protect you from them. I know you think everything is my fault but I do try. Please don't do anything to get yourself hurt." Alfies voice is quiet and soft.

He doesn't stop looking at the road. I hear a truth in his voice a sadness like he truly means it. I am still mad. Mad he won't do more, mad that he hit Caspar, mad at him.

"Don't you ever hit Caspar again!" I say.

~~~~~~~~~~

First class I had today was Chem which I was excited for. After looking at our schedules yesterday we had found out Troye Caspar and I all had Chemistry together.

I do have other friends... Jim was one of my best friends we grew up together and some of Zoe's friends like Louise are almost my friends too. But Louise had other friends and Jim had started dating this girl called Tanya. We both know Jim and Tan won't last but he is very distracted by her right now. Anyways it would be nice to make some friends of my own. Like Caspar and Troye and Caspar. ;)

I walk into the Chem lab the room know through out the school as being the smelliest. Which was very true. I am not sure if it's chemicals or just Mr. Greens lunch but boy it stunk. Once I adjust to the smell I look around the room. The first person I see is Connor laying across 2 chairs with his head in some girls lap.

Then I scan again and I see Troye sitting in a corner looking out the window. I smile and walk over to him.

"Morning Troye." I say.

He turns and smiles at me. He looks happy but his face is very beat up. His lips are cracking and his eye is swollen and black.

"Oh Troye are you ok?" I say patting his shoulder.

"I'm fine" he says looking down at his lap. I can tell he is upset and doesn't want to talk about if.

"So..." Troye says "you like Caspar!"

He turns and looks at me full on grabbing my arm excitedly. He almost seems like a puppy it's funny to see him like this. He really does bounce back quickly.

The thought of Caspar and crushing is scary and kinda amazing but...

"I don't like straight boys too much work." I say trying to shrug it off.

"Yeah right I can by the way you..." Suddenly Troye stops "Caspar!"

"Hey Troye.. You seem excited." Caspar says.

He seems to have no idea what we were talking about.

"Just excited for Chem!" He says laughing.

"Well you should be!" A voice suddenly rings. " I am Mr. Green not to be confused with my brother John Green the English teacher. And welcome to Chem 11!"

I feel the whole class internally groan.

"We are going to start with a little chemistry project each of you will be paired up and learn about a famous chemist. It will show you how much fun Chemistry can be fun." Mr Green says smiling at us apparently unaware that we are all mad that he was assigning a project on the second day of school.

"Ok partners.." Mr Green makes starts listing names of. Eventually there where only a few names left.
"Troye and Connor, Caspar and Joe. Ok all lets get started!"

I feel bad for Troye. Worried about what Connor might do or say to him. I am not going to lie I was a little too excited to be paired with Caspar.