Joe

I sit on the couch and stare at my phone. I must have called Caspar a million times why hasn't he called me back! I hardly slept last night, I just stared at my phone wishing that he would call. I shouldn't have left him there. I shouldn't have left him in that house. With that man! It's all my fault.

"Joe you are going to be late to pick up Alfie, you better get going." My Mum says.

A part of me wants to tell her what's going on, maybe should could help. But I should talk to Caspar first. So I grab my backpack and keys and go to get Alfie. Alfie and I agreed to take turns driving each other to school since we like the company.

When I get to Alfie's house he is waiting outside. He quickly jumps in the car.

"Joe we are going to be late for school! Where were you?" Alfie says clearly ticked off.

"I'm sorry I was distracted." I say. 

"By what?" Alfie says tilting his head and looking at me.

"Caspar. I am worried about him. He hasn't returned my calls." I say looking straight ahead.

"Oh well I'm sure his phone is dead or something. We will find him at school." Alfie says.

"I'm sure you are right. You are probably right." I say trying to convince myself more then anything else.

When we pull up to the school I jump out of the car as quickly as possible eager to see Caspar. I usually see him at his locker the second I walk in. It makes my day... But he is not there. I see Tyler with a group of girls laughing at something he said. I rushed down the hall to toward him.

"Ty have you seen Caspar?" I say.

"Not today." He says.

"Heard from him?!" I say. The panic was clear in my voice.

"Not since school yesterday. He told me it was date night so I let you guys do your thing." Tyler says winking at me.

I immediately turn around and run down the hallway. Something bad has happened I know it has. The tears start streaming down my face I hear a voice calling my name but I ignore it. Once I am outside the cold air hits me and I take a breath. Despite the fact there was a million people coming in and out of school I stand there, crying. Suddenly I feel someone pull me into a hug. For a split second I think it's Caspar and my heart skips beat. But I can tell it's not Caspar, it doesn't smell like him, the arms aren't as strong as Caspar.

"What's wrong?" I hear Troye ask

"Caspar. I think something is wrong. He isn't picking up his phone. It's my fault it's all my fault." I sob into Troyes shoulder.

"Okay let's go to his house." Troye says calmly.

"But school and class.." I say.

"Troyes right lets go make sure he is okay first." Connor says and for the first time I notice he is there.

"Okay Let's go." I say.

We rush to my car and drive silently. I can barely pay attention to the road I'm so focused on Caspar. What could have happened to him. Why isn't he at school, why didn't he call me back.

When we pull up outside his house I panic. A blonde girl is crying and hugging Caspar while a car waits with a man in a grey suit. Caspar has a black eye. Someone hit him again..

I jump out of the car.

"Caspar!" I call.

Caspar pulls away from his hug and looks at
Me. The second he sees me he runs over the couple of feet to where I'm standing a holds me so close.

"Joe I'm so sorry!" Caspar cries into my shoulder.

I pull back and stroke his face.

"What happened Caspie." I whisper staring at his eyes.

"I'm being moved Joe! Away from here, away from my sister, away from you." Caspar says.

"What." I say unable to understand what he said.

Caspar can't be leaving. He can't leave I can't do this without him. I can't do anything without him.

The car honks.

"It's waiting to take me to my new home." Caspar says.

Caspar runs over and hugs Troye and Connor.

"Thank you guys you are great friends. Tell Tyler I will miss him." He says.

This isn't Happening. It's not happening. Caspar is not leaving.

He goes over to his sister and hugs her tightly.

"Three months Caspar." She whispers.

Caspar then turns and looks at me.

"I have to go." Caspar says.

"Don't." I whisper.

"I love you." Caspar says.

"Don't go." I say again.

"Goodbye Joe." He turns around and starts walking away.

No he can't leave. I run towards him and he turns around. I wrap my arms around his back and pull him close.

"I meant what I said yesterday I love you and I always will." I whisper so only Caspar can hear me.

Caspar gently kisses me and a small part of me wonders if it was the last time he would.

"Bye Joe, I love you." He says

"I love you too." I say

Then Caspar gets into the car with the man. And he drives away. Away from me.