Motives

It was Rachel. Rachel was the girl stalking me and causing all of this trouble. She was the one who wanted to harm me and my cousins. If this had been while she was still human I wouldn't be worried about handling her but this was different. Dangerous even, as she was a new born vampire.

I was told in the new born stage you are at your strongest because of the human blood that still saturates your tissues and muscle. But that was just a sliver of what makes her so dangerous.

The other half was her blood lust and the fact she had a grudge against me meaning she would stop at nothing to ensure I was dealt with to her satisfaction.

"What do we do?" My mother said as she got to her feet. It was clear that she was now on edge more than anything.

"We do what we did when we had the issues with the wolves during Bella's pregnancy." Carlisle said. "Emmett and Jasper take the first watch around the house."

The two left out the sliding glass door without a single word.

"Alice, try and get your lock on Rachel, we are going to need details. Find out what her plans are, when she makes a move we need to know. In order to kill her we will need to be atleast two steps ahead of her at all times." He added.

Alice gave a nodd and then went to sit in the back of the room away from everyone else. I watched her long enough to see her eyes glaze over and then gave my attention back to my grandfather who continued talking.

"Jamie, you seem to know her the best. Why would she go to such extremes?" Carlisle addressed her.

"You saw the note written on the side of my house in Teresia's blood. She thinks I killed her when I didn't." I stated plainly.

Jamie looked at me. "You did though, indirectly, you killed her."

I looked at my best female friend in disbelief. "Why would you say that?"

"Because it is probably how she is seeing it. If you wouldn't have called her out at the party she would probably have not ended up in the forest that day. She basically had Matthew in the palm of her hand and you snatched it back. I'm pretty sure the pregnancy thing was on purpose, as a plan B of sorts."

"She seemed terrified to be pregnant though." Matthew stated.

"That is probably what she wanted you to think. But even you said that when you met her in the forest she said she had a change of heart and wanted to keep the baby and that the plans were for you two to get married."

"Which wasn't going to happen."

"So you say but is that what she thinks? She probably had it set in her mind that you two were going to get hitched and raise your child together in a home of riches."

"Ok, that makes sense to why she is mad at Matthew and Renesmee, but what the hell did I do to piss of the loony chick?" Penelope cut in.

"You hit her Penelope." Jamie said, matter-of-factly.

Penelope seemed to not be fazed one bit by the reminder and just shrugged her shoulders. "That sorry excuse for a girl derserved more than that for trying to pull one over on my own brother and from hitting you. She is lucky I didn't kill her."

"Penelope, watch your tounge. We do not harm humans." Rosalie snapped.

"She isn't human, she is shit with glitter sprinkled on top."

Rosalie's eyes narrowed slightly as she huffed. "Watch your mouth."

Penelope rose to her feet and quickly walked from the room. In the next half second Rosalie had followed.

"So how are we going to get through this?" I asked. I need to know how we were going to get rid of this problem. I wanted a sure answer because this was my life.

"For now we are just trying to learn of her plans and then try and intercept her." My father replied.

Suddenly his head turned to look at Alice whose eyes grew large.

"What is it daddy?" I asked desperate for details on Alice's vision.

"I know her plans." Alice said in and shaky voice.

When she looked up as us there was a glaze in her eyes. She looked shaken up, fearful even.

"The Volturi have intercepted her." she began.

I looked at Nic and grinned. "That's good right? They will stop her."

Alice shook her head with a grim expression on her face. I frowned almost immediately.

"The Volturi don't care the slightest about helping us." My father said in a tense voice.

"The Volturi told Rachel about the last vampire that wanted revenge for the family and explained that she made an army of vampires." Alice explained.

"Victoria?" Jasper said as he entered the room and went straight to Alice.

"It seems like the Volturi have mentioned this story to plant an idea in Rachel's mind. But surely they would have told her about our gifts so we wouldn't be able to thwart her."

"One would think so." Jasper grumbled.

"But it doesn't seem like she is trying to get around my visions. It's like she wants me to see them."

"Lets not think about that right now. We need to know what her next moves are." Carlisle intervened.

Alice looked at him and titled her head slightly. "There is going to be a party at the Lake House, everyone in both the middle and high school are invited."

I put my hand over my mouth in disbelief as I understood what this meant. Alice's previous vision spoke of a party scene, everyone was there and more. Only this part was different as my father mentioned because everyone had red eyes.

She was going to create an army just like Victoria did. That army's sole purpose would be to destroy us.