Wolves

I had waken up the next morning to the sounds of what seemed to be my family in distress. My feet hit the floor and I quickly pulled the duvet tightly around me before I followed Nic downstairs.

In a heated discussion in the living room was Emmett who was going on a rampage about massive white wolves, one of which tried to rip off his arm as he was returning from feeding. Luckily Jasper was there or it would've ended up bad. 

"What is going on?" I asked my parents as I joined there side.

"Twice last night while Emmett and Jasper were hunting they caught an unfamiliar scent. It was different from any scent they Quileute wolves left behind, alluring even. So they followed it and were attacked by wolves."

"What! Are they going to kill us?"

My father tilted his head slightly. "We don't know. Alice can't see them and I can't get close enough to read their minds."

"We are their natural enemies so we have to expect the worst." My mother added.

"Can't we make peace with them?" Esme chimed in.

Carlisle put his arm on her shoulder. "If we could get them to listen to us long enough to explain that we are different. But even that seems impossible, these wolves seem more vicious than those back in Washington."

"So if they won't stop to listen to us maybe they will for another of their kind." Rosalie suggested.

Carlisle agreed with Rosalie; since we had no connections with the wolves up here Carlisle called for a few of our extended family members from the Quileute tribe to come and be of an assistance.

It took three days for them to arrive as they traveled in their wolf form. 

Paul, Seth and Sam entered through the back door early in the morning. Seth, who was comfortable with us went straight to the fridge talking about how hungry he was. Sam who was alright with us was the only one to come forward and shake hands. Paul on the other hand made sure he had some pretty good distance between himself and any vampire.

When Seth came back from the kitchen he had a half eaten sandwich in one hand and a soda in the other.

"It's nice to see you all again!" He mumbled happily, through a mouthfull of food.

"I wondered when I'd get to see your face again Seth." My mother replied as she brought him into a hug.

"Hey Bella, how is life treating you?" Sam asked.

I watched my mother smile. "It's wonderful, except when we have issues like the ones at hand."

"Issues? What issues?" Sam asked.

Of course he was already aware of the white wolves that we were in a slight conflict with but my mother had said issues not issue meaning there was obviously more than one and Paul was smart enough to catch on.

"Remember the issue we had after my graduation?"

Sam nodded his head. "Victoria and the army, of course."

"Well it is happening again."

"Who is subject A?"

"You mean subject  AB. The problem at first was just one newborn wanting revenge, I will get into the reason later, but then the Volturi intercepted her and planted the knowledge of the battle with Victoria in her mind."

"Was Jake with them?" Sam immeadiately asked.

"No of course not." Alice snapped as she entered the room, her hands continuously rubbing circles at her temples as if she was trying to get rid of a migraine. "I can't see anything if Jake is involved, just like whenever Bella used to disappear from my visions when she was around your pack."