Nanook

She was a different kind of beautiful. Her skin was smooth, bronze like the Quileute tribe. Standing around 5 feet 10 inches her body was long, lean and toned. Her pin straight black hair fell just past her waist, framing her face delicately.

She had what seemed to be the most perfectly imperfect facial features. From her high cheek bones, her dainty nose, wide set lips and almond eyes.

What caught my attention more was the outfit she wore. The top half was mostly made from a white fur of some sort. The bottom half of what looked like burlap and netting. Both pieces were connected by a thin strip of fabric that ran down the center of her torso.

Though she looked completely harmless to me, despite her werewolf heritage, my family reacted just like every other time we were approached by someone new that could be a threat. Everyone went into a defensive mode. All the vampires in the house jumped in front of myself, Nic and the twins. All of them except my father who was able to read Khallisee's mind.

Khallisee reacted to everyone as if they were harmless. She didn't seem nervous to be in a room full of vampires or even alarmed that they were prepared to attack at a moments notice. She seemed amused, a smile playing across her lips in an apparent smirk. It was like she knew she could kill everyone in this room, effortlessly.

"Relax she is here to listen to what we have to say." My father said as he walked forward with his hand outstretched in a greeting.

They shook hands and at the same moment everyone around me eased out of their crouches.

Carlisle was the next to greet Khallisee. "Thank you for your time, my family and I appreciate it and let me apologize for the misunderstanding in the woods between your pack and my sons."

"No blood, no foul." She said, turning up the corners of her mouth in a partial smile.

"So who are you?" Emmett asked. "I didn't think wolves existed anywhere other than Washington."

" I Khallisee."

"Co-Lee-See?" Emmett tried to repeat.

She smiled. "Kha-Lee-See. It very old name. Many wolves roam cross country. Tribes hide tribes when not strong. But we strong, very strong tribe."

The way she spoke fascinated me greatly. Her accent was foreign sounding, like it belonged in brazil or Africa. It was like a combination of the two so it was hard to put it in any which place.

"Tell us more about your tribe?" Sam proceeded to ask.

"We call tribe Nanook, mean polar bear. I Khallisee, Alpha Nanook."

"Where do you originate from?"

"Down from Circle. We come from north Circle and move down and down pass time."

"Your tribe came from north of Circle and over time moved down to where you are now, south of Circle?" Sam asked.

Khallisee nodded her head. "We hear of tribe Quileute. Man pack. We female, all."

"Wait a minute." Paul began, a smirk growing. "You mean to say your tribe, your strong tribe is made up on only females?"

Khallisee pursed her lips. "Female tribe strong."

Paul burst into a fit of laughter, smacking his leg in amusement. After a few moments his laughter died down and he looked around the room before his gaze settled back on Khallisee.

"Oh, you were serious?"

Khallisee's eyebrows mashed together in disgust. "You look down on female tribe."

"Females wolves aren't common for a reason and that reason is because they are weak." he smirked.

Walking forward Khallisee extended her arm and jabbed at Paul's chest with her index finger. "You ignorant, like a baby. Female wolf not many, strong wolf rare."

Paul rolled his eyes. "Or maybe the female tribes are not around because they are weak and get themselves killed by pathetic blood suckers."

I heard Emmett crack his knuckles. "Watch it dog breath."

"How about a size up? Maybe the bigger wolf win."

"Strong wolf need not prove strength."

"Pathetic, I knew it. You are scared. You know what, I bet you aren't even strong. I can already imagine you the size of a puppy. I can rip you to shred with one jerk of my head."

Khallisee rolled her eyes and turned to walk out the door.

"Where are you going puppy chow?" Paul harassed as he followed behind her.

Khallisee put several yards distance between us before she turned to face Paul. Paul moved a few feet from the house and phased, landing on all fours. His size was that of a bear. With a roar he turned up his snout.

Khallisee turned up her lips in a smile before she gave Paul a wink. Slowly she held her arms out at her side forming a cross shape with her body, her palms down towards the ground. In one fluid motion she flipped her palms upward towards the sky and suddenly the air around me began to quiver and then shake. It was like there was a magnitude 7.8 earthquake only nothing but the air shook.

I watched Paul's legs tremble as he was looking around for the source of the quaking air. Then suddenly she burst forward, landing in a white wolf form. I gasped as I looked at the size, it was easily three times bigger than Paul's.

"Wow..." Sam said as he cautiously moved forward to get a better view.

When Sam moved too close for her liking Khallisee growled. Her growl boomed and echoed like thunder.

In that second both my parents moved to stand in front of me like a shield. It was a instinctual gesture but I knew if Khallisee wanted to attack there would be no stopping her.

Khallisee went on her hind legs and shifted back into her human form. Just seconds later Paul did the same. He looked intriguingly at Khallisee but didn't speak another word.

"Like said female strong." She snubbed, flipping her long hair over her shoulder as she walked past Paul to where the rest of us were gathered.

"You," she gestured to all of us. ", blood drinker. Bad for human Nanook Tribe. You kill."

"No, we don't kill humans, we live with them in harmony." Carlisle defended.

"You drink survive. No survive no drink!" She snapped.

"We drink from animals."

"Lie, you like others. All same, all kill!"

Carlisle calmly shook his head. "We don't drink human blood. As you can see from our eye color, we are very different from the vampires you have encountered. A consistent diet of animal blood turns our eyes gold. Human blood turns them red. We all have gold eyes."

Khallisee paused slightly to glance at all the pairs of eyes that were before her. After she was satisfied she nodded her head once and smiled. "Why you have many kind here?"

"Our family is in trouble. Human drinkers are coming to harm us so we are gathered in numbers for protection."

"Human Nanook danger?"

Carlisle nodded his head. "Very much so."

"Help, you, help me?"

"If you want to come to an agreement then certainly we can help each other."

Without hesitation Khallisee held out her hand. "Deal."

I smiled at the joining of what could be new friends. Though she didn't speak English well as presumed the rest of her tribe I knew we could formulate a plan to not only defeat the army but the Volturi as well. There was hope, even if it was a little light in the distance it was still hope.