Who Are You

After our final classes had ended for the day Fallon, Genevieve and myself walked over to the parking lot by the Wood Center. When they saw my car their jaws dropped. Nic joined us seconds later and climbed into the driver seat leaving the passenger front seat for me and the back seat for the twins.

"So, you are the one." Fallon began as we turned onto Geist Way heading towards the exit to Old Richardson Hwy.

I saw Nic glance in the rearview mirror and give a slight grin before looking back at the road.

"The one?"

"Miss Renesmee's other half."

"She mentioned she lived with her boyfriend and we knew right away that he had to look as good as she did." Genevieve added.

Nic gave a nervous chuckle and then glanced sideways at me. "I am the one." He said confidently before lacing his right hand through mine.

"Love is such a wonderful thing." Fallon said before turning her gaze out the window.

The drive was silent for the next fifteen minutes as we turned off onto Badger Gate road. Taking the exit we drove for about five minutes before taking a left onto Kendall Avenue we drove until the road ended and a new private path began.

Nic stopped long enough to enter the code that opened the massive gate. Not like any gate could keep out a vampire but it could keep out humans, which is what is was placed there for.

Then we continued onwards.

"This is a nice bit of property you have." Geneveive said.

I smiled - though she couldn't see it. "Thank you."

"So, your family must be rich." Fallon said as we stopped in the drive.

I got out of the car and grabbed my bag before I bothered to respond. "My family comes from very old money." I told her before I led them into the house. "This home was built by my family many years and they gave it to us as a gift."

"Wow." Genevieve said.

"That is very generous." Fallon added.

"Very generous." Genevieve repeated with much emphasis.

I stopped in my tracks and turned around to look at them. "Do you both always finish each others sentences like that?" I asked.

The girls looked at each other and made a funny face before they looked back at me.

"Not really." Fallon began.

"Just some of the times."

"It's perfectly natural for twins to finish each others sentences."

"Especially identical twins."

Fallon and Genevieve high fived each other before they began laughing.

"We don't really do this all the time. It's more for show." Fallon went on.

I smiled and then continued on into the house where I gave them a tour that started with the piano room and ended with the scenery outside. They loved the property and loved my room even more. The only thing they weren't into was my clothing taste which was a first.

Their style was more edgy then chic as mine was. It was nice though for once to have someone state their own opinion. Most people found it hard to be themselves around me because in their eyes I was superiour or in most cases, unnapproachable.

We turned into the sitting room and Nic brought us some lavender and rose tea and fresh angel wings. The angel wings were my favorite desert that Anne made for me during the times we would spend together.

 She even taught me how to make them. Angel wings are a sweet crisp pastry made out of dough that has been shaped into thin twisted ribbons, deep-friend and sprinkled with powdered sugar. They are addictive and deliously unhealthy - as my mother told me one evening.

Leave it to my mother to be one to call me on my non-healthy eating habits. When she was a human she didn't eat dark or red meat. My father told me that whenever my mother ate it was chicken or fish. Though when she cooked for grandpa Charlie she always ate around what she didn't like.

"You must have alot of friends." Fallon said as she experimented by dipping her angel wing into her tea.

I gave a tight smile before shaking my head. "I don't really have many friends outside my family." I blushed at this truth. "I was home schooled until my senior year of high school. That is when I made my first friend. Her name was Jamie, she died."

Both the twins covered their mouths in shock.

"How, how did it happen if you don't mind me asking." Genevieve asked.

I closed my eyes. "My mom, dad, friends Jamie, Tyler and I went on a vacation to Italy and there was an accident at the beach that resulted in Jamie needing a blood transfusion. When we came home I stayed with her to help her recover because both her parents were working long shifts at the hospital. One evening the house was broken into and I watched her and get murdered before my very own eyes." I pause dramatically and forced tears to my eyes. "Then they came after me and attacked me and left me for dead."

"How on earth did you get away?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know. But her parents got home in time to get me medical attention. I was lucky, that's all." I quickly picked up my tea cup and took a long sip before swallowing it. "Do you play any instruments?" I asked them doing my best to get off the subject.

I wasn't good at lying so I didn't feel comfortable continuing.

"I play the saxaphone." Fallon said, "Tenor Sax, it is a beautiful instrument."

I turned to look at Genevieve. "What about you?"

"I play the guitar, drums, sing." She shrugged her shoulders as if it was nothing.

"I play the piano." I smiled. "And a couple of other instruments."

"Our mother used to play the piano before she got a divorce." Gen replied.

I bit my lip.

"Did you learn on your own or was it passed down to you?"

"My dad writes musical compositions, when I was young he would play with me and from there I just continued perfecting my talent."

The girls nodded their heads then looked down at their watches simaltaneously before rising to their feet at the same time.

"We are sorry to leave so soon but I am afraid our mother needs us home to watch our baby sister." Fallon said.

Genevieve whispered something lowly in her sisters ear before Fallon nodded her head.

"Yes, of course." was her response.

Then the two turned and walked off towards the front door.

"Thanks for the invitiation Renesmee, see you again soon." Gen winked.

Then they were gone.

I stared after them, confused at their departure. Why the sudden leave? Why the secrets? Why did they seem so introverted? Who were they really?