Manipulator

When my mother and I returned back downstairs Alice and Jasper were there, along with the rest of the family. There was not one person who didn't have a grim expression on their face.

I walked into the living room and took a seat beside Nic. He wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him before burying his face in my hair.

"Have you seen anything Alice?" I heard my mother ask as her and my father took a seat across from us.

I glanced at Alice only to see her shake her head. "I can't, it's like whoever is doing this doesn't exist. Its like seeing a mirage, it keeps shifting shapes and colors. I just can't get a lock on-" Suddenly Alice froze, her eyes widening in shock.

Jaspers hands were on her shoulders, rubbing her soothingly. "What is it Alice?" he asked.

She started moving her head from right to left, craning her neck here and there as if she was trying to see something that wasn't in her direct line of vision. I looked over at my father for reassurance on what Alice was seeing, and watched as he slowly rose to his feet with a shocked expression on his face.

"This has to be connected with what is happening." he murmured.

"Edward, what is going on?" My mother asked. "Why is Alice doing that with her head."

"She is searching the details of her vision."

"What is she seeing?"

"She saw the party scene at the Lake House, where the kids invited their school friends." My father said.

Then Alice came back to our reality. "Only things were different. Not everyone who was there last time was present."

"And everyone had red eyes." my father added.

Suddenly Alice went rigid again. After five and a quarter seconds my father turned his head and looked right at the twins and then to me.

"NO!" He gasped.

"What is it?" My mother asked as she quickly joined his side.

Just as quickly as my mother asked Alice came out of her stupor and turned her head to look right at the twins and then me.

Rosalie got to her feet, her arms crossed and a stern look upon her face. "Alice, what did you see?"

"There was blood everywhere, the twins and Renesmee."

"WHAT ABOUT THEM!" Rosalie snapped.

"They are dead." she said in a barely audible voice.

"NO!" My mother shouted as she was quickly at my side with her arms spread outwards as if she was trying to shield me from danger.

"What the hell is going on? Who is out to get us this time?" Emmett said as he joined Rosalie who was cowering in Esme's arms. "Why can't we just live in peace."

"Well, it seems like we are all trying to cheat death again." Jasper said in a stiff voice. "Is this going to be our lives for the rest of eternity? Death looming constantly over our shoulders."

"I never said we were all dead, I just said the twins and Renesmee. Only it doesn't make sense. Who would want to do this?" Alice said

"Maybe it is all connected." I began. "The party, the note, the three of us dying. It has to be someone at that party, someone that the three of us had a falling out with."

"It's Rachel." Matthew said casually as he put his hands in his pockets.

"Wait a minute, Rachel is the girl who you were with?" I asked, completely dumbfounded. "I can't believe you would do that to me."