Conniption

After the confession of Alice's vision and their thoughts on what it could mean my parents, Nic and I talked about security. Of course I was worried like they were about both my and Nic's safety but I liked my privacy. I liked the feeling of coming home to a house with just myself and my boyfriend so them moving in wasn't ideal for me.

This didn't go over well with my parents so for over an hour we debated and talked and set each other ultimatums that fell through at every turn. But eventually we agreed. Agreed to disagree.

The plan was for my parents to take refuge at a house across the river and outwards a few miles. They would stay there and keep an eye on things from a distance. Alice would also keep an eye on things and let me and my parents know if she saw anything of importance. This arrangement not only kept my independence but also kept me safe.

"We will be just a phone call away if and when you need us Renesmee." My father said as he opened the front door and stepped over the threshold.

"Please, be safe. Keep an eye on each other." My mother added.

I wrapped my arms around her and then did the same to my father only to shed a tear. 

"I hate goodbyes, I never know when I will see you again." I sobbed.

My father rubbed my back soothingly before putting his arms around me in a warm embrace. "Love, it is never goodbye. No matter where time takes us, your mother and I will always come back to you."

Then my mother was at our side, wrapping her arms around the two of us. "Renesmee, you are our life." My mother cupped my face. "I promised you that we would always be together."

"Forever?" I asked.

My mother smiled. "Forever."

I moved out of my fathers arms and kissed my mothers cheek. "I love you mom."

"As I love you."

After another couple minutes we said our final farewells and then my parents disappeared over the river beyond my home.

Nic and I turned in for the evening. He went to his room talking about plotting new islands to discover when he finally took out his sail boat.

I went to my room and did my normal hygiene ritual before dressing into my pajamas and climbing into bed. I didn't feel like spending another moment in this stressful day so I wanted it to end. The only way to 'end' a day was to go to sleep. So that is what I did.

The  next morning I opened my eyes and rose from my bed. Putting the matching sheer silk robe over my gown I went outside to breath the morning air.

Though it was a weekday I wasn't going to school. At least anymore, especially after yesterdays events.

Once again my education had to be put on hold for my safety. Forty-thousand dollars down the drain from prepaying for my school year. But my parents didn't care about dollar signs, they only cared about my safety and since I lived forever I had forever to finish my education. But I only had one life, if I didn't take care of it the first time I had no second chance.

Stepping onto my porch I leaned against the railing and tipped my head back to let the sun envelope me. It was warm, inviting, exhilarating. It was like warm fingertips caressing my face. I loved the feeling, it was the same feeling I felt when Nic put his arms around me....

Standing up straight I opened my eyes as I realized what my mind had just told me. I didn't like it because it just encouraged me to give into my feelings. If I did that, than I would wind up married in the next year.

"Nope." I thought to myself. "This isn't going to happen."

I took a seat at the wicker table and sat down. Just then the wind began to blow, causing scents from the forest to flow towards me. The smell of morning dew, deer, elk, moose, leaves, and pollen was stuck in my nose and filling my head.

Then the wind blew the opposite way and suddenly my mouth began to water. I instinctively licked my lips as the smell appealed to me greatly. It made me want to eat whatever it was. My first thought was that Nic was just finishing breakfast so I decided to head downstairs to the kitchen and eat with him.

Rising to my feet I turned around and started towards the balcony stairs that led to the back door to the kitchen. Taking a few steps I stopped when I stepped into something warm, wet and thick. Looking down I froze as I realized what had just happened.

The delicious smell wasn't breakfast but blood and the blood was everywhere. Currently I was standing in a large pool of it. I turned my head to the left and saw a note written on the side of my house.

YOU KILLED ME!

It was written in blood. I brought my hand up to my mouth in shock as I took several steps backward only to stumble over a large object and fall into the pool of blood. Then it was everywhere, on me. My legs, hands, back, arms, there was even some in my hair.

To make things worse the object that I had tripped over was a humans head. Reaching forward slowly I lifted it into my hands only to realize who it belonged to. This head was that of Teresia Little, Prudence's cousin.

Screaming I threw the head away from me before trying to wipe her blood off of me. It seemed like no matter what I did I couldn't get it off of me. I continued to scream, louder and louder. Soon enough my vocals reached past that of a soprano and all the glass around me shattered effortlessly.

Then they were at my side. Nic, my parents. My father knelt beside me, panic on his face and his eyes. My mother knelt in front of me and Nic behind me. They were trying to figure out what was wrong with me but I was still in shock from what had just happened.

This girl Teresia was murdered and her head was placed on my porch and her blood was on my walls. And the mess... The mess was all over me.

"Renesmee, love. Breath. Breath." My father whispered to me in a soothing voice.

My heart was pounding in my chest, beating quicker than a humming bird. I was panting because my breath wouldn't come out evenly and I was shaking so hard the entire foundation on which the house was built was shaking too.

"Renesmee, you are okay. You are safe." My mother said to me.

After a few minutes of this conniption it slowly began to subside enough for my shaking to calm down so the house was no longer shaking like it was in a 6.8 earthquake.

Two more minutes and my heart beat went back to normal, then my breathing.

Gulping, I inhaled deeply and looked up. My father and mother were looking right at me. Their golden eyes were filled with so much worry. Then there was a hand at on my shoulder, squeezing me reassuringly.

"What has happened Renesmee?" My mother asked once she was certain that I was calm again.

Raising a slightly trembling hand I pointed at the words painted on the wall in Teresia's blood. Everyone finally removed their attention off of me and turned their heads to look at the wall.

In large dripping red letters was, "YOU KILLED ME!"

In just a sixteenth of a second their eyes were back on me. The words didn't make sense at all. Who did I kill? The last time I checked I never harmed one human. I didn't even fight back when I could have fought back. So what did this mean and who wrote it?